Little Old Me

trueboo

Hi, everyone. I'm from Omaha, NE. I don't know any other vegans. My husband, much to my surprise, turned vegetarian a few months after I went vegan. This has been extremely helpful since he's the cook.

I have been vegan for about 2 years now. I haven't peeked around the forum too much yet, but I joined for advice on fitness and just to have some more vegans with which to communicate. I used to work out a lot, but I've slacked in the last few years. Well, I just turned 30 and notice myself spreading out a bit, though I haven't gained any weight. Anyhoo, I really want to get in shape and stay that way as I embark on my third decade of life.

My big idea is to go to law school and study animal law. The school I'm most interested in is in Portland, OR.

Anyhoo, hi everyone. I'll come up with an avatar soon.

Welcome to our group! Thanks for finding us and for joining our community. We have a very cool online family here and many of us are in Portland, OR so if life brings you here, there will be lots and lots of vegans to hang out with.

There is a lot of information here so feel free to explore and get to know our community and the members that make this place great.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Thanks a lot for the welcomes, guys! It's good to know there's a lot of Portland residents here. I want to try to get up there next summer to check out the law school. We've done our research about vegan stuff in the area, and I honestly think I will cry the first time I go into the vegan grocery store or a vegan restaurant and not have to check labels or ask "What's in this?"

I'll peruse the boards and see what's going on! In the meantime, if anyone knows any great tricep excercises beyond dips, kickbacks, and the tricep pullover, let me know! That's all I have in my arsenal for getting those little muscles back in shape!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Hi there, Tasha! I can't wait to visit Portland.

In Omaha we only have one restaurant that's guaranteed to have vegan stuff, but they also serve fish and chicken. I don't know why they gotta do that. I always thought they were strictly a veggie restaurant and ate there a lot even before I quit eating meat. Never noticed the flesh on the menu, but my husband, who long ago cooked there, assured me it's offered. Oh well, he cooks better than those folks anyway!

welcome trueboo! Portland is a great place to live! I love it more and more all of the time! Being vegan here is soooooo easy! But I still go to Food Fight! (the vegan grocery) and check labels...habit I guess!

Seattle is a nice week end trip too and extremely vegan friendly!

There is actually 2 all vegan lunch buffetts there, one is Thai and one is Mediterranian!

I'm hoping to get into L&C! They have the first (though I think no longer only) animal law journal and a lot of classes regarding animal issues. I had no idea one could go to school for that!

I hope to get up to Portland next summer, unless of course by some stroke of luck I come into some money. Sigh. One can hope!