steroids

Yea - then it must be your genes!

I hate it when people say something like that. I think i have pretty average genetic, but muscles might actually have something to do with working out?!

If they believe you you're not on roids, then it must be your genes - or why don't they look as you do?

You steroid pumping genetic freak...

Oh, wait a minute that's not you.

Most people just have crappy nutrition and don't work out consistently. They assume you are doing the same and therefore are getting your results from a needle.

Just take it as a compliment that people think you look like you are on steroids. At least you are getting their attention, some of them will even listen to what you have to say.

Activism is tough work, most of the time you don't have any idea who actually listened to you and started to change their lives. Then you will get surprises like your old friend you met at the gym this summer. You had changed his life and never even knew it. Stuff like that makes it all worthwhile!

Yea - then it must be your genes!

It don't have to be the genes, but it's a BIG PART of it.

This guy...

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/apr04/prince418.jpg

will never look like this guy...

http://www.nba.com/media/act_corey_maggette.jpg

even though they might spend hte same time in the weight room.

But those pics here are more or less the extremes...

generally you're right. People talking bout genes and stuff mostly just look for excuses.

• 1 month later...

I'm not big enough for people to think I'm on steroids (after 2 months of training, I've gone from 165 to 175 though, but I'm yet to "cut" and define it, so it'll drop again), but I hate the idea of them. Seriously, if bodybuilding is a hobby for you, what is the point of taking a pill/needle/whatever then? If it's the natural food and lifting weights and drinking a protein shake, why wouldn't you just do that? That's what I do, anyway...