Do you specialize in anything and want to teach a class?

robert

Hey, kinda last minute but.................we will be doing some things like chef demonstrations and presenations for one of the days and we thought we'd ask if anyone has a specialty they'd like to share.

For example, last year Yogita Chiquita taught a Yoga Class and loveliberate lead us on a tour of the city.

Do you want to teach a class on something?

This could be on a small scale at the Vacation Home or it could be during the time in Portland at an event open to the public.

Feel free to share if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I could need that! I always overstuff mine hah!

You're going to be a burrito Queen by the time you're vacation is over in the states, especially if you hang out with Rob & I in Portland (Well, if he did his job right, you should already be tired of burritos. )

You know what Ed? I haven't had one single burrito since I came to the States! Well..unless you count that half eaten 3 day old one I found in the fridge. Robert was supposed to eat it, but he was too occupied with the forum so I ate it hahah!

Edit: I did have one burrito. A raw one at the blossoming lotus. It did not taste as a burrito and it looked like a "kåldolme" but I ate it, and I appreaciated it! It was good!

I could teach some jiu jitsu basics. We def dont need to set up a class though. If anyones interested and we can find some mats, or even an open carpeted area I could run through a few moves and positions for anyone interested!

I might be. I just thought pitching out the idea of a martial arts class could be an interesting idea.

You know what Ed? I haven't had one single burrito since I came to the States!

Then Rob failed as a host.

You better show him how it's done then!

If you come up to my end of PA for a day or two we'll have burrito pictures, I guarantee it.

I did the best that I could. I took 2 weeks off from work, took her to Canada, took her to where I grew up, played around in forest, threw her a going away party and too many other things to count.

I hope I didn't fail as a host. I tried very hard to be a good host. She even got lots of flowers and treats

I look forward to lots of mini casual classes during Vegan Vacation at the vacation home.

Edited by robert

I did the best that I could. I took 2 weeks off from work, took her to Canada, took her to where I grew up, played around in forest, threw her a going away party and too many other things to count.

I hope I didn't fail as a host. I tried very hard to be a good host. She even got lots of flowers and treats.

I look forward to lots of mini casual classes during Vegan Vacation at the vacation home.

I'm just kidding around with you buddy. I just thought you'd take her to that burrito place you go to (I'm assuming it's a place), especially with your reputation as a burrito guy.

I was going to take her there and impress her with my Spanish speaking and the fact that they all know me and basically start making the burritos when I walk through the door......but there are soooooooooooooo many vegan places in town.

You have to remember, this is Portland. We have about 80 vegan-friendly places. Not all are 100% vegan but a bunch are and I know of 2 more ALL VEGAN places opening up this summer (not too many others know that yet).

So, basically, I just ran out of time to take her there. We still have lots to do when she gets back.

So, basically, I just ran out of time to take her there. We still have lots to do when she gets back.

That's right. She's heading out there really early.

I want to hear you speak some Spanish too. I learned a lot working at the place I work at, because I work with a lot of Peruvians who don't really understand English.

I know you were just playing around. I was just trying to make everything perfect. I try to be a good host and I have lots of opportunities since I get some many visitors. In fact, tomorrow Chef Ani Phyo is staying with us and there is usually a constant flow of visitors to our house and playing host is a lot of fun.

I could teach a small class on seitan making technique. Additionally, I could teach a class on making tofu (not really worth the effort when we have it available fresh in this area). If anyone is interested in making "traditional" cream sauces I am also able to teach how to make nut cream.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in making raw lasagna, August is the season when I start making that.

If anyone wants to learn how to can dried beans or veggies, I could teach that. Also, how to make fruit jam or preserves, especially low sugar varieties.

Everyone that isn't me has a little learning to do in this department. I know you know how to eat but do you KNOW HOW TO EAT???

No need to educate me on that one potter. haha.

Ed, you can teach card tricks I guarantee people (me) would want to learn them!

Yesyesyesyesyes me too!!!!!!

And Potter, I'd be delighted to watch your how-to-eat class

I could teach some jiu jitsu basics. We def dont need to set up a class though. If anyones interested and we can find some mats, or even an open carpeted area I could run through a few moves and positions for anyone interested!

I might be. I just thought pitching out the idea of a martial arts class could be an interesting idea.

Oh I would be more than willing to teach a whole class on it if enough people were interested. I just figured interest would probably be limited to a couple people.