Do you specialize in anything and want to teach a class?

robert

I think we'll have a good 22-25 people at the Vacation Home and I figured we'd do some mini-classes there, since the itinerary for Portland is pretty much set. It will also be easy at the Vacation Home because we'll all already be there and we can all pay attention for an hour each day as someone teaches us something new.

This will be cool!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could teach some jiu jitsu basics. We def dont need to set up a class though. If anyones interested and we can find some mats, or even an open carpeted area I could run through a few moves and positions for anyone interested!

I might be. I just thought pitching out the idea of a martial arts class could be an interesting idea.

Oh I would be more than willing to teach a whole class on it if enough people were interested. I just figured interest would probably be limited to a couple people.

I'M INTERESTED!!!!

Yes, that gal over here...here... do you see me???

Sweet the more the better. It is really hard to teach something to only one person because there is no way for the person learning to watch what your doing from an outside view. If I atleast have like 3 or more people it will make it alot easier. We could do more than one day if anyone is interested. Preferably you only want to teach 2 techniques a day, but if I had only one day I would have to show you more than just 2. I guess we will just see how it goes.

sign me up for person #2

I'm sure we'll get nearly 100% of the people at the house interested.....that is my hope for these classes, is that for 1 hour we can all suppor the instructor......assuming a certain class can handle 20 people.

Thanks everyone for offering to teach something. We'll not only hang out and have a great time but learn some things too!

sign me up for person #2

I'm sure we'll get nearly 100% of the people at the house interested.....that is my hope for these classes, is that for 1 hour we can all suppor the instructor......assuming a certain class can handle 20 people.

Thanks everyone for offering to teach something. We'll not only hang out and have a great time but learn some things too!

Suppor? Is that a misspelling for support, or supper as in eating?

It refers to eating the instructor because I figure if potter tries to teach a class, but we eat him first, there will be more food for all of us in the long run and a chance for someone else to be Duck Hunt Champion.

Thanks for the suppor!

Unfortunately I'm big and therefore the only person that is capable of eating me which would be a fun class...I'll think about it.

I think we'll have a good 22-25 people at the Vacation Home and I figured we'd do some mini-classes there, since the itinerary for Portland is pretty much set. It will also be easy at the Vacation Home because we'll all already be there and we can all pay attention for an hour each day as someone teaches us something new.

This will be cool!

I don't know how many bodybuilding types will be at the house, but I would love to see a class on posing. The poses from the rear are especially difficult to hit. I think this would be great.

I know some basics of spinning poi....I will share what I know if folks are interested, and if anyone else knows how to spin poi, I would like to learn more.

I am also willing to teach basic bellydancing, if there is interest.

I would like to learn to make Seitan and I am also interested in Martial Arts.

I am interested in almost anything actually, except posing.

Oh, I can teach stick and poke tatoo or if anyone wants one, I can do them on people.

I am also bringing henna for mehendi.

I would also love accordian lessons if anyone can play accordian.

This will be cool!

I don't know how many bodybuilding types will be at the house, but I would love to see a class on posing. The poses from the rear are especially difficult to hit. I think this would be great.

Learning some poses would be pretty cool too. I'm sure though that even without a class a couple of us could help each other out. I personally think my back poses look pretty well, so I could help you out if you'd like.

Lotus, I'm not sure what that poke tatoo thing is, but ink me up!!! I'm in on that for sure!

The only thing I'm fairly good at is being goofy...and lifting weights.

So I can do them both.

I"m sure Potter could teach his duck hunt skills hee hee.

And how to eat himself!

I also have a talent in kicking my brother in the nuts during muay thai training... (by accident) but since he's not around, I don't see a class on that subject happening. Unless I get a volunteer? Anyone? Anyone?

Oh, I can teach stick and poke tatoo or if anyone wants one, I can do them on people.

I may actually be up for a bit of that. I don't know if I actually want to do it to someone else though but getting a smallish tattoo like that will be an experience.

Count me in Darth - I'm always up for learning & sharing what I know about anything self-defense related.

I'm far from an expert but I'd love to head into nature with folks to learn about native plants, wildlife & local ecology.

As for tattoo's, maybe we can all get a secret VV/VB&F tat like the women in that movie "Foxfire".

Count me in Darth - I'm always up for learning & sharing what I know about anything self-defense related.

I'm far from an expert but I'd love to head into nature with folks to learn about native plants, wildlife & local ecology.

As for tattoo's, maybe we can all get a secret VV/VB&F tat like the women in that movie "Foxfire".

I'm thinking you could show us all them big ass trees you got there in Oregon.

And also, me and josh were talking about how people sound in another thread. I'm hoping for at least two things:

1. Since you're from Arizona and writes y'all all the time, I'm hoping that you talk like Zeb Macahan. That would be soooo cool

2. Ed having that New York dialect. I love that one.

I'm hoping Michelle won't sound like George W just because she's from Texas.

It will also be fun to hear Liz speak English. And also, me and Liz and I can trash talk y'all without you understanding a word

Offense,

I'd definitely love to show folks some of Cascadia's remaining ancient forests (aka "old growth")! I'll look around to see where the nearest best examples of these forests are to the beachhouse in lincoln city. I have not been to them personally yet but there are 3 seperate designated wilderness area's on the central oregon coast.

Sadly, one is far more likely to primarily see clearcuts scarring the mountains rather than ancient forests in the areas close to Portland or Lincoln City...

I'm not sure how much like Zeb I sound like as I dont recall ever hearing his voice. I occasionally get folks thinking that I'm Canadian or Irish or something as apparently they dont think I sound "American"...

George W is a faker - he's really a Yankee! That sucker was born in New Haven, Connecticut & went to Yale.

I know some basics of spinning poi....I will share what I know if folks are interested, and if anyone else knows how to spin poi, I would like to learn more.

I'm interested in learning poi and bellydance!

I could teach some massage, if anyone wants to learn.

I'm hoping Michelle won't sound like George W just because she's from Texas.

Holycrap, NO!!! I ought to call you on the phone right now, just to prove it! LOL! I just live here, I'm not Texan. I spent half my childhood in Vermont and the other half in Eugene.

I'm interested in learning poi and bellydance!

I could teach some massage, if anyone wants to learn.

can i be the demo body?

I would love to skillshare massage with you. I am sure we can both show stuff to each other. I was thinking about bringing my table or my chair.

I am even crossing my fingers that I will be licensed by then.

I was going to take her there and impress her with my Spanish speaking and the fact that they all know me and basically start making the burritos when I walk through the door......but there are soooooooooooooo many vegan places in town.

You have to remember, this is Portland. We have about 80 vegan-friendly places. Not all are 100% vegan but a bunch are and I know of 2 more ALL VEGAN places opening up this summer (not too many others know that yet).

So, basically, I just ran out of time to take her there. We still have lots to do when she gets back.

my first time I went to Portland in like 2003 (when i flew over there to visit a snowboard friend), I ate at El Grillo. They made me vegan burrito and they made it huge. it was my favorite burrito ever. I spoke in Espanol the whole time and they loved it, so they kept feeding me. I ate there everyday and I felt like a local cause I would walk in and they would make me the burrito without even asking. lol.