hello

Zambrotta

Hi,

My name's Jürgen, I live in Belgium and I've been a vegetarian for the last 6,5 years. I've decided to go vegan.

I'm a sprinter (100m & 200m). I started running quite late, but I'm making good progress in spite of some the problems I encountered. For instance: I spend 3 hours a day on a train to go to work and back, they don't offer proper meals at work, ...

I've got one goal in athletics: to do everything that's in my reach and then see where I'll end up. The sky is the limit.

I know I can make a lot of progress if the conditions are better than they are know, therefore I'm about to quit my job and become a freelance translator so I don't need to be in an uncomfortable position anymore on a train. I also want to improve my diet, cuz it's not optimal yet.

I train 5 to 6 times a week, 1 or 2 power training sessions (one in a gym, one at home).

I sometimes write articles for a vegetarian magazine and for the magazine of my athletics club.

Welcome to the forum What are your times??? Track and Field was a big part of my life for a long time and its nice to have another trackie on the forum.

I forgot to say something about your training...unless you are heavy in the racing season right now you should really be spending more time in the gym. 400 runners can get away with 2 days a week but a 100-200 runner should spend as much time lifting as running(unless you are 16 or younger of course). A lot of sprinters/jumpers even lift as much as throwers lift...they just don't eat the same way.

Thanks for the welcome messages!!!

@ runner: I speak Dutch, I live in Flanders.

My nickname refers to Gianluca Zambrotta, an Italian soccer player, one of the few players I follow. I used to love soccer, nowadays I don't like it any more.

@ Veganpotter: The main problem about training is that I don't have much time left for extra training sessions in the gym, due to my work. When I go to the gym there's always plenty of people so I have to wait to do the exercices. Anyway, I'll try to find a solution for this problem.

My times... Hmmm, there not great at all (yet). Due to work and a medical problem (large intestine causing fatigue due to iron deficit) I haven't done many good trainings for several months. My summer season's finished, next Wednesday I'll have a surgery, so afterwards that medical problem should be solved.

It'll be good to get all those issues out of the way. Especially in the off season. You should be doing a small amount of speed work. A good amount of base mileage and lots and lots of heavy explosive lifting sessions. Good luck with the surgery