can I eat leaves and grass?

Hero

I bet you you can get some nutrients out of grass...at least some of the chlorophyll. As for leaves I wouldn't say you can simply eat leaves because I'm sure some are deadly.

I bet you you can get some nutrients out of grass...at least some of the chlorophyll. As for leaves I wouldn't say you can simply eat leaves because I'm sure some are deadly.

Humans can't really digest grass though, so sticking with common leaves like maple and birch would probably be the better choice though.

I'm just thinking its like swallowing gum. The parts you can't digest won't really do any damage but some of it is good. So I figure it won't hurt anything...you may just fart a bit more.

I'm just thinking its like swallowing gum. The parts you can't digest won't really do any damage but some of it is good. So I figure it won't hurt anything...you may just fart a bit more.

True, but I'm guessing that leaves would taste better anyway.

Maybe but thats pretty general. There are way too many types of leaves to say that and I can imagine some taste great while lots taste like paste(due to lots of sap in the veins), some may be really bitter, and some may taste like poo(just guessing). Then you have to count the leaves that are hairy...I don't wanna eat anything hairy.

Maybe but thats pretty general. There are way too many types of leaves to say that and I can imagine some taste great while lots taste like paste(due to lots of sap in the veins), some may be really bitter, and some may taste like poo(just guessing). Then you have to count the leaves that are hairy...I don't wanna eat anything hairy.

That's true. I've tasted a few leaves though, a lot of them taste okay.

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia we have Birch juice. It excretes body of accumulated water especially in cellulite areas.

Also the leaves are used with almond oil to make a cellulite massaging oil.

I dont know if the leaves have to go through a process but they do extract the leaves for its potent substances.