introducing.....

bpmojo

Me!

Hi, my names ben and I've only "offically been vegan" for about a month now, but I was vegetarian for the past two years and had slowly been making the vegan transition since febuaray and then read "the thrive diet" in the beginning of summer and fully switched in july. {EDIT} I've also really gotten into raw foods over the summer and have been experimenting on my family with raw dinners and whathaveyou, probably around 70-75%ish raw intake now.

As far as training I been into fitness for a while but didn't get more serious about it until this year. In the long run I'd like to start doing triathalones/marathons but for right now I lift 3 days a week (2 muscle groups a workout + alternating abs) and then on the other days run or swim or bike. Im pretty small frame. (5'4 1/2 and 115-118ish pounds) and I'd like to mabye put on 5 pounds of muscle but am more interested in just becoming a better athlete.

Hmm lets see...I go to school at St. Edwards University in Austin, TX- which is pretty much the veg mecca of Texas so thats pretty nifty. I also help run http://urbanpollution.com/ -which I'd love for anyone to check out if they so wish.

looking forward to learning from all of you!

Edited by bpmojo

Man I was just in Austin a few weeks ago. It's got a variety for vegans and I was totally impressed with Dahba Joy bakery. Vegan scones...need I say more? Other parts of TX definitely have great vegan fare. Anyhow good to have you on the forum.

Hello & Welcome Ben!

I've always had a good time in Austin & would love to visit there again someday. There are at least a couple of VB&F forum members from Austin as well as more forum folks from other parts of Texas.

CollegeB,

Come visit Portland & I'll get ya a vegan scone & a vegan doughnut!

Welcome to the forum Ben!!

And now I must ask - is there an awesome place to get vegan scones here in Portland? Are they really good, true scones and not just triangular shaped muffins? Please, please tell me where. Soon.

hah not as much as I want. This summer I've been biking to work ( 7 miles roundtrip i think) 5 days a week and then on saturday usually go out and do a 3 hours or so road ride, I don't know the mileage on that thou...EDIT ...probably somwhere around 45 miles-ish range.

You should get a cycling computer. You can get a cheap one for $10 and a good one with cadence for $35. That along with a boring trainer can really pay off if you don't have an easy schedule.