TOMMYBRICKS!!!

tommybricks

Hi all. I've been lurking on this forum for a long time now, close to two years. I figure it is about time to get involved.

ABOUT ME:

I'm 23, living in Bucks County, Pennsylvania - about five miles from Philadelphia. I've been vegetarian ever since I started buying my own food, about 18 months ago. I don't consider myself vegan: my workboots are not vegan (yet), I wear the occasional silk tie, I eat like 99% vegan, but I still partake in famliy birthday cake, etc. On the bright side, my mom made a vegan cake for my birthday this year, so my family is definitely becoming more and more supportive.

My favorite exercise is sprinting, squats, and pushups. My favorite sport is wrestling. I mainly work out for recreation. I'm not opposed to working towards definite goals, but currently I workout purely when I feel like it for fun. So I go through periods of exercising everyday, and periods where I get home from work and do nothing physical. HOWEVER - I work as a laborer for a brickmason, so five days a week I put in eight hours of heavy lifting, carrying, sledgehammering, shoveling, etc.

My motivation for joining this forum is to get past that 1% of my diet that is non-vegan. My reasons for being vegan lean WAAAYY more to the compassion/spiritual side than the health end. I feel like being a member here will help me live this personal commitment to myself, which I feel is essential to my spiritual wellbeing.

FAVORITE FOODS:

Papaya, avocado, and mango.

#1 ACCOMPLISHMENT:

I have completely abstained from drugs and alcohol since October 18, 2005.

My motivation for joining this forum is to get past that 1% of my diet that is non-vegan. My reasons for being vegan lean WAAAYY more to the compassion/spiritual side than the health end. I feel like being a member here will help me live this personal commitment to myself, which I feel is essential to my spiritual wellbeing.

FAVORITE FOODS:

Papaya, avocado, and mango.

#1 ACCOMPLISHMENT:

I have completely abstained from drugs and alcohol since October 18, 2005.

I am pretty sure you will be all vegan soon... you know where the dark side is - so now you can head for the good side

Adding water melon and banana and you listed all my staple food!

XveganX!

Welcome to the forum And don't sweat those non-vegan things you use. You bought them a while ago and there no gain from dumping them.

Welcome to the forum And don't sweat those non-vegan things you use. You bought them a while ago and there no gain from dumping them.

I agree with Potter -- it took me a while to filter out my non-vegan clothes, health products etc.

Welcome tommybricks!!!

I agree with Potter -- it took me a while to filter out my non-vegan clothes, health products etc.

Welcome tommybricks!!!

Hey Welcome !

I agree with Potter too,

take it slow.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Odidnetne: I live in Bristol Boro, a couple miles from where Frankford Ave turns into Rt 13. I'm a five minute walk from the Deleware River.

1%: Yeah I feel a little guilty about some of that non-vegan stuff, but I know that change happens over time, and I'm more comfortable taking things easy and letting things happen naturally, instead of forcing something too soon.

Welcome!

Being vegan is an ongoing journey and I think no one is ever at 100% depending on how specific one gets about it. It is about doing the best you can and if that is what you are doing that 1% will eventually become lesser and lesser. That makes you vegan in my opinion.

Congrats on being drug and alcohol free!

Put your papaya, mango, and avacodo chopped into a bowl with some chopped bananas and strawberries and you have the best fruit salad ever!