another newbie

lisaanddini

Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa, my dog's name is Dini, hence screen name. I'm not quite a vegan yet, but I'm trying to be. Times when I cheat are usually when I go out to eat or to someone else's house. In general I really want to clean up my diet to lose a few pounds and be healthier overall.

My number one activity is running, particularly trail running. I entered my first Triathlon a couple weeks ago and loved it. I really enjoy swimming now too. Biking, not so much! I really just need to get a new bike. I've gone through numerous spurts where I weight train. I've taken it up again after I finished my Tri and decided not to enter a fall Marathon. I already have noticed some great changes in my body.

I've been lurking for a little while. I think this looks like a great site with lots of helpful advice and most importantly, no trolls!!! Look forward to chatting with everyone! I'll probably have lots of questions. Thanks for having me!

Hi Lisa nice to meet another triathlete on the form

Not many on here,

I'm a triathlete/trackie/roadie/ also racing marathons and cyclocross this fall.. I'll get you to love cycling

This form is awesome I met a lot of great people on here

Enjoy ! Congrates on your desition switching to veganism. We wil all be here for support !

Hey Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!

Veganitaliana- as much as Dini would love to be on my lap, he is a little too big. He's part Boxer & Part Saint Bernard. I have a shephard/rottie puppy too- her name is Molly.

Tasha and veganpotter, I'm saving up for a bike now so I'm sure I will be asking you questions. Thanks for the offer!!

So I'm off to a lousy start on this board. I was supposed to go for a 10-13 mile run earlier this morning with some friends and we let the rain stop us. Now I'm dressed for either the gym or to run & I can't decide what to do. Looks like the rain is holding off.

Hey Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!

Veganitaliana- as much as Dini would love to be on my lap, he is a little too big. He's part Boxer & Part Saint Bernard. I have a shephard/rottie puppy too- her name is Molly.

Tasha and veganpotter, I'm saving up for a bike now so I'm sure I will be asking you questions. Thanks for the offer!!

So I'm off to a lousy start on this board. I was supposed to go for a 10-13 mile run earlier this morning with some friends and we let the rain stop us. Now I'm dressed for either the gym or to run & I can't decide what to do. Looks like the rain is holding off.

Don't let the rain stop ya from running. You can have fun in the rain...

go girl go !!!!

Try Baby steping.. try it out for 5- 10mins if you don't like it, then who's stoping you from going back inside