the x-milk question

milochka

hey yall, so i've come to a conclusion that i pretty much detest soy milk *plus i'm trying to watch my soy consumption having previous thyroid problems and all* ahem, so i need your suggestions on the best milk *nut, rice, hemp, etc.* that is the least processed and would make great HOT CHOCOLATE much love and peace!

p.s. the way i make my hot chocolate at home is that i get some dark chocolate, heat it up with what used to be at first dairy and then soy milk until it begins to boil, then turn it off and put it in a blender and then pour in a cup *blending it gives it the TASTIEST foam ever* and ENJOY!

I think almond is your best bet. I've tried chocolate rice milk and it just wasn't even remotely rich(odd because one of my favorite chocolate bars is a rice milk bar) but almond milk is quite good. I've never tried it homade though. I have made almond milk(its great) but not chocolate almond milk.

veganpotter, first of all, could i just make a note and applaud the fact that you're always the first one to answer my posts, sometimes, within minutes

i don't really need the milk to be chocolate, because i add dark chocolate to it. i shall try almond milk then

Do you have a soymilk maker or have you tried making it??? Its considerably cheaper and you can make it taste however you want...most vegan milks from stores are a bit too sweet for my tastes

hey yall, so i've come to a conclusion that i pretty much detest soy milk *plus i'm trying to watch my soy consumption having previous thyroid problems and all* ahem, so i need your suggestions on the best milk *nut, rice, hemp, etc.* that is the least processed and would make great HOT CHOCOLATE much love and peace!

I agree with Veganpotter that almond milk is your best bet. But I have found that the almondmilk sold in nutrition stores is awafully sweet. What I do instead is I buy some pure almond butter and take a heaping tablespoon and add it in a blender with bottled water. Blend it up and, it tastes awesome. If you ever want to try a great nut butter, go to www.livingtreecommunity.com. It's the best nut butter I have ever tasted.

Patrick

Here's my son's favourite almond milk recipe that he loves making himself. Soak one cup of raw almonds overnight at room temperature. It's best to buy the shelled ones and remove the shells yourself. In the morning rinse them well and blend to liquify. With a cheese cloth or strainer remove the large chunks. Put the liquid back in the blender. Add half a cup of coconut water and a little vanilla (preferrably from a real bean). For a chocolaty flavour add a little caroub powder. Blend until foamy. Sinfully delicious!

Here's my son's favourite almond milk recipe that he loves making himself. Soak one cup of raw almonds overnight at room temperature. It's best to buy the shelled ones and remove the shells yourself. In the morning rinse them well and blend to liquify. With a cheese cloth or strainer remove the large chunks. Put the liquid back in the blender. Add half a cup of coconut water and a little vanilla (preferrably from a real bean). For a chocolaty flavour add a little caroub powder. Blend until foamy. Sinfully delicious!

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that!!!

I'd swich to Almond Milk but I need my protein. But I want to go the ways of the healtier lifestyle so I figured buy fresh Soybeans and add them in with fruit and make 100 percent non-proccessed fruit protein shakes.

So I reccommend Soy since it has protein Benefeits. But I hear Almond is the best for taste.

I'd swich to Almond Milk but I need my protein. But I want to go the ways of the healtier lifestyle so I figured buy fresh Soybeans and add them in with fruit and make 100 percent non-proccessed fruit protein shakes.

So I reccommend Soy since it has protein Benefeits. But I hear Almond is the best for taste.

Hemp milk is high in protein (better protein too) too, but almond milk sure is tasty. Good luck with those soy shakes though.

Dr. Pink Almond milk is high in protein too. Especially if you create it yourself with a TBSP and add water a even a sprinkle of vanilla. The best milk in town.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Veganpotter that almond milk is your best bet. But I have found that the almondmilk sold in nutrition stores is awafully sweet. What I do instead is I buy some pure almond butter and take a heaping tablespoon and add it in a blender with bottled water. Blend it up and, it tastes awesome. If you ever want to try a great nut butter, go to www.livingtreecommunity.com. It's the best nut butter I have ever tasted.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick... I tried that and it's awesome. I added two teaspoons of raw organic cane sugar and a pinch of salt and it was heavenly to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...