Crude awakening

offense74

It's a very good docu about the end of cheap oil:

If you're not aware of the problem (or if you only think you're aware of it) you should watch it.

Right now I'm reading Twilight in the desert witch is written by M. Simmons who is featured in the movie along with a bunch of other knowledgable people.

Highly recommended! Also this is far from only being a US problem, even though the US will have the biggest problems (probably).

Here's the website.

Electric cars are the only thing that I think are even realistic right now.

Ethanol and biodiesel are definitely not. Using that for fuel will cause other things like food costs to skyrocket. It's already happened some due to Ethanol, everyone wants to grow corn to sell ethanol, then every other crop becomes more expensive.

Where will the electricity come from?

Cars will not be economically feasible within the foreseeable future.

Nuclear power hopefully. If the oil companies didn't have us by the balls we'd be able to upgrade the plants we have now to ones that produce very little waste and are extremely efficient and extremely safe. If only....

What we need is Car's that are powered by air. If Scientists could only research Photosynthesis which is the process plant life goes through to transform Carbon Monoxide into clean Oxygen then one day there will be cars that operate purely on the air around it with the ability to transfer crude Carbon Monoxide into breathable air. And eventually once people own enough of these Plant Cars than one day The air will become Cleaner and perhaps it would put a major Dent in stopping global Warming.

All we need is a way to make a special spinning engine. I know it seems far fetched but hear me out.

In Operating this car here are the steps:

Step #1: Levers. By operating two levers situated near the driver( The Levers would be operated purely on man power) this would get the air engine spinning enough to get some of the air flowing.

Step #2: Once enough of the air is flowing it is time to start you're air powered car. At first it's only a little bit of power because you just winded it up, but once you start driving the friction or velocity of the car will cause air to rapidly be sucked into the mechanism making it spin much faster then before.

Step #3: Stopping the Car. Once you stop the Spinning engine will begin to slow down and eventually stop.

Another idea on how an Air Engine would work.

Since there is always air around you there will always be energy. When you first start up th engine the car will only be able to go swoly at first because there is not a lot of air around the engine itself. The Engine Works by sucking in air from the front of the car. When this air enteres the Air Engine it then transfers into air energy which is kinda like how Magnetic energy is used. The Air itself will become energy and will power the car. Then when that portion of air is done it is dumped out of the back pipe as pure clean oxygen. Now since when the car is first started it is slow at first. But as you start to get in contact with more air you can go faster. And the faster you go the more air you will encounter and then you can go faster.

I don't know if any of that makes sens.e but wouldn't an all air powered car be cool? Not compressed air but an actuall car that could breath and recycle air like a plant? I mean I could road trip all over America and Canada without having to fill up on gas or recharge. And an air car like this would also help reverse some of the damaging effects cause by cars over the years.

I think the Future is Air Powered. Everything should be air powerd. Because Air is EVERYWHERE.

What we need is Car's that are powered by air. If Scientists could only research Photosynthesis which is the process plant life goes through to transform Carbon Monoxide into clean Oxygen then one day there will be cars that operate purely on the air around it with the ability to transfer crude Carbon Monoxide into breathable air. And eventually once people own enough of these Plant Cars than one day The air will become Cleaner and perhaps it would put a major Dent in stopping global Warming.

Carbon Dioxide.

Did you just say the cars will run off photosynthesis......?

Film looks interesting -

Electric cars have come and gone at least twice in the United States - the first one before the internal combustion engine was even commonplace, and the 2nd was the EV-1, which was by all accounts a complete success for what it was (see 'Who Killed the Electric Car'). Hybrid technology is a smoke screen technology and pretty much a bad joke. A worse joke is hydrogen fuel cell power. Yes, I have 2 cars. Suz drives one, and I drive one. I drive an '07 Honda Civic which isn't bad as far as fuel consumption goes. I drive to work because I have to - I work at all hours of day and night, and rarely in the same location, usually more than ten miles from my home and frequently in places totally inaccessible by public tranist. Suz drives to work, which is 11km away because our city has a lousy transit system. She drives a smart fortwo CDI though, which uses about 3.5l/100km on her hwy commute to work. (that's 80miles per imp gallon, or 67 miles per US gallon). It gets almost the same mileage in the city. We spend less than $40 a month on fuel and it gets driven 7 days a week. That's better than the current hybrid cars on the market. It only carries 2 people, and 5 big bags of vegan groceries, or our dog, who is small. It's the best case in a bad scenario as far as I can tell. When I get out of the film industry (soon hopefully) we will only have the smart. Things like the oil crash kind of scare me because Canada has a lot of oil, and there aren't many of us.

everyone should have their own horse with an optional small cart attached.

and there would be no roads, only grassy fields to race through.

and for sending cargo and mail, there could be blimps.

that would be awesome

everyone should have their own horse with an optional small cart attached.

and there would be no roads, only grassy fields to race through.

and for sending cargo and mail, there could be blimps.

that would be awesome

Except eventually humans will tire the poor horsies out and they will only become slaves that bring us to supermarkets. Metallic objects have no feelings what so ever.

Dr. Pink wrote:

ZACK WROTE

Carbon Dioxide.

Did you just say the cars will run off photosynthesis......?

Yeah. Well they will run off of Air and transfer Carbon Dioxide into breathable air. Much like the process of Photosynthesis that Plants go through. So no it won't actually run off of Photosynthesis but produce a new kind of photosynthesis. Techno-Synthesis. The Process Technology goes through to transform Carbon Dioxide into breathable air.

I don't know if our Technology will ever advance enough to actually aid in nature and cure the environment. but it doesn't hurt to dream

What's wrong with Hydrogen?

And I've heard that water could produce all the energy we need. But the oil ind is in the way.

Energy invested is 6 fold to the energy you will get from hydrogen. For every Joule of hydrogen energy 6 Joules of energy have to come from somewhere else. It's flat out stupid. If you don't ask economists but instead go to the actual experts they will tell you that with a massive amount of funding it can probably come down to a 1:1 situation within 50 years or so. We will have plenty of money before the oil crash but not after.

It's sort of a misconseption that the oil industry is in the way for progress. Theya are part of the problem but so are politicians, you, me and everybody else. We have never lived in a time where things are as easy as they are. We also lve in a highly enlightened period.

We all know that the lifestyle we live is unsustainable. Tweaking it a little doesn't solve the problem. The situation is exactly the same as with climate change and green house gases. We will not be able to stop it because we don't know how. We know very well how to tweak the current pardigm so that the current regiment will last a little longer. But it will still be unsustainable, just a little less so.

We will defend this system by any means we have because this is the only way we know. Any tribe will fight to the death to defend their water and food supply from an enemy. In the same fashion we will defend our source of convenience from our enemy. Our enemy is not another tribe however, it's nature.

If you really take a look and start reading about the alternatves to oil you will soon see that they're really not alternatives, just optimistic guesses from economists about the free market.

Where will the electricity come from?

Cars will not be economically feasible within the foreseeable future.

Canada!

It will be a sight for sore eyes once you have all the people in the world digging dirt in Canada.... You could have a fence around the tar sand fields saying "Don't feed the Americans" and watch them crawl around in the dirt