hi

dave

hi my names dave im from the uk (its shit) been veggie for about 3years an vegan for the last 5months ish? goin really well. eating a lot of raw an high percentage fruit.

basically i have a question. has anyone here dislocated their shoulder before? i did it about 3years ago and its not been quite right ever since. popping out every now an again giving me excruciating pain and making exercise/workout a pain in the ass. been refered to a physiotherapist for some exercise/band rehabilitation although it doesnt appear to be working too well an im gettin really pissed off! any help would be appreciated and nice to meet u all!!!!

Welcome Dave

I Have a shoulder injury. I got my treatment right away.

It'll may take some time for yours to heal if you just started going.

Have you also tried acupuncture?

Some tips;

make sure you keep up with your program !

Eat well !!!

Be patient with your injury

Welcome I've had a little under a dozen dislocations and even more sublocations of my left shoulder so I know where your coming from. If your goal is to gain mass you've just gotta deal with it and do more reps with less low rep work. Take your time coming back after an injury and you'll dislocate less often. Most of mine came in HS when I had no choice but to train through it because I was on a timetable to get scholarships but if that weren't an issue I would have really taken it easy until I was ready to hit it hard again. When I hurt my middle finger(throwing injury) and needed surgery the only thing I could do was swim and that actually seemed to help me more than anything else. I did lose overall strength but I don't think my shoulder has ever been stronger than when I was swimming daily for those few months. For a while there I just accepted it and was thankful that every single dislocation hurt less...its more likely to get another but you could say my last one actually felt good compared to the first. Now I'm a wimp and don't do anything that would injure my shoulder...thats my new way of keeping it from happening again.

Welcome. I've also dislocated my shoudler a number of times, sometimes while lifting. It's a pain in the butt. Like potter said, you just have to be patient, don't do the lifts that put it at risk of dislocating, and slowly build back your strength.

thank you all for your quick responses! really seems to be a great community spirit on this forum which is brilliant. good job robert + whoever else has created this site.

re: shoulder after the first dislocation 3 years ago it was fine for a about 2 years. its only recently that its started popping out again on a regular basis but since iv started doing band work its become more sore than anything. maybe this is part of the healing process? who knows. im also slightly concerned that it may have grown back slightly out of place due to weight training too suddenly as i have been told by my physio woman that my shoulder are very unevenly balanced and that its almost as if my body subconsciously refrains me from putting any strain on my damaged shoulder and puts all the weight on the other.this is even when it is not painful and im consciously trying to work the damaged shoulder!

im very grateful for all your responses.