the happy things thread

pamela

Remembering being huge and eating everything infront of me makes me happy.

Remembering things you used to love but can't have anymore makes you happy? That kind of stuff makes me sad.

But this is the happy thread, so I'll shut up now.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manage a group of people who are perpetually negative, despite working for a non-profit, with decent pay, on beautiful Cape Cod. I have tried numerous tactics to try to bump them out of their negativity, but nothing has worked - they will take every and any situation and turn it negative - even compliments .

So last week I simply had had it, and I lost my cool and yelled at them . They were clearly shocked and dismayed ...BUT, the negative conversations promptly stopped...well, ok, ALL conversations stopped , but since 90% of their conversations are negative, all the negativity has disappeared and been replaced with silence. I know they're all pissed off at me, but I don't care: It was the most peaceful workweek I've had in a long time. And that makes me

I dominated xdarthveganx in a chess game (again) last night as we waited for vegan pizza. I was pretty happy about that.

Then in the 2nd game, he destroyed me as he has 2 out of 5 times.

With a 3-2 lead over him in the mentally tough game of chess, I am happy to have out-flexed his mind more often than he's out flexed my brain

Happy Early birthday! Saturday right?

I'll start a b-day thread for you closer to the date

P.S. I sent a package in the mail to you today. Thanks for your support of this website.

Yeah, Saturday.

Thanks Robert, your $ is on its way as well.

Nice one!

I had a good, fun interview with www.mikeypod.com today and it will error on Monday.

I had a nice abs workout today and saw 4 of my friends at the gym so that was sweet.

I'm off to Eugene in the morning and will be gone ALL DAY again but it should be a good, successful day working with xdarthveganx down there.

Lots of happy things going on all the time.

Peace out!

We had a bazillion bananas in the house yesterday.

Ok, I lie.. we only had 55... but it really seemed like a lot. Definitely too much for a smoothie, even a really big smoothie. So I found a recipe for banana bread that uses 5 bananas and baked it. Then I modified the recipe to be wheat-free and made it again, but I threw in one more banana to make it extra-bananarific.

Then we were down to a measly 44 bananas.

Banana bread makes me happy.

I say next time you should dehydrate bananas...mill them into a powder and replace the flour with it..but still keep the rest of the bananas in the recipe...now thats banana bread.

Of course I am really new to the forums and to being vegan. So every little thing I learn to make or bit of knowledge that reinforces my choice is a happy thing!

But recently the best and most happy thing is when I sit down to dinner with my omni family and they look at my plate (with a scrumptious new recipe on it) and they look at their plate and want what I have rather than their fleshy stuff!! That's just awesome!

Neoveg i know that!!! to school i take things like tofu/seitan sticks or exotic fruits for break, or when i bake vegan cake without sugar or have cooked yummy at home they say...oh let me try a bit of that...oh my good this is actually yummy!!! and i did even get one of my friends to buy a lot of tofu stuff only because i let her bite into a wheaty hemp stick...

well my happy things today.... hmm actually my whole day was happy...hadnt read the chapter in the book for school i should give a summary about but handeld it as if i had read it (by peeking into the book and reading key words)... hehe

drank grean tea with stevia and woke up by that during the lessons... AND i can feel every muscle of my body because i was at the gym last night and had a great workout after doing nothing for 4 weeks (had too many exams) and i know i am going to get in shape again .... i am really happy today !!

There is a parcel in the mail addressed to Todd but I am pretty sure it's a birthday present for me!

I have been forbidden to open it though.

I got to open it, and it was gear from Organic Athlete!!! I am so excited. I can't wait to run a race with "Go Vegan!" across my ass. I'll post pics, maybe tomorrow.

Tashie may of found a place.

I could probably moon my gym from my window and I bet they could see me. That's how close I Am.

I'm close by the water, more running rotes, popular cycling sites and I'm right by my pool and stores. Everything's walking distance.

Although it's a lot smaller then this place. But I'm seem to be happy with it.

Wish me luck everyone

Edited by Tasha

I'm oogling bikes like crazy at work and I'm excited to get one...the dillemma of picking between 3 bikes is tough and stressful but I'm getting a kick out of it. I'm normally so sure about everything in my life but this bike buy is not quite the same.

One year ago today was one of the worst days of my life, as my 8-year-old cat Pesto had a sudden and unexpected life threatening seizure and spent several days in the hospital. If we hadn't been at home when it happened she certainly would have died, seizured to death.

We still don't know what caused it, but today she is such a happy, playful, energetic cat. It was almost like she had a personality transplant. Today I am so grateful to have had another year with her, and I'm hoping for many more. Sometimes you really don't realize how much you love someone until you (almost) lose them.