Vegan Vacation 2008 - July 19th - 26th.. start planning!

Jessifly

Dave...I'm hoping to enter the Alpenrose Challenge a few days before for the pursuit...maybe we can have two vegans in it.

As for you Zack...get yourself a bike ASAP because the hills we'll be riding are gonna be ridiculous if we're near MT. Hood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone bought their tickets yet??? I'm waiting for a few others to take the plunge before I buy mine. Of course I'm going...I'm still just a little weary about the date staying where it is.

Has anyone bought their tickets yet??? I'm waiting for a few others to take the plunge before I buy mine. Of course I'm going...I'm still just a little weary about the date staying where it is.

Not yet, but I've got it on my travelocity fare watcher... and will snag them soon.

Tandems - eeep!

Potter - ooh..Alpenrose..that's actually one of the events i'd like to enter!

There'd be three vegans, as Per would no doubt be doing the pursuit as well (i think he's down under 5'10!) He's a vegan rider there in Portland.

Pursuit isn't going to be as big of a priority for me this year, i'll be focused more on points and other bunch races. ;)

I'm still planning on coming. At least now that my younger brother works at Southwest I can get some free passes, or at least incredibly cheap tickets. I've never been to Portland, and have no idea how much vegan food, and other expenses for a week would cost. Can someone possibly advise on how much money people may want to bring? I know spending is different for everyone, but what would be the bare minimum to get by, I'll go from that. Thanks

Tandems - eeep!

Potter - ooh..Alpenrose..that's actually one of the events i'd like to enter!

There'd be three vegans, as Per would no doubt be doing the pursuit as well (i think he's down under 5'10!) He's a vegan rider there in Portland.

Pursuit isn't going to be as big of a priority for me this year, i'll be focused more on points and other bunch races.

oh well like kerins, Madisons, missing outs and scatch etc...

I think you rock at madisons though. I think it's because you like to fling ppl around the track

Dave come to VV08 this year ! It'll be a hoot

You should come Dave...we'll have a blast. Even if that means we need to get up at 5:30 to ride in order to be back to hang out with all the sleepy people.

As for racing I'd like to enter the keirin too but I don't think they'd let non cat 2s in that event.

You should come Dave...we'll have a blast. Even if that means we need to get up at 5:30 to ride in order to be back to hang out with all the sleepy people.

As for racing I'd like to enter the keirin too but I don't think they'd let non cat 2s in that event.

I'd love to carpool, but I am NOT driving to the East Coast to pick you up. You'd have to cover a LOT more than just tolls.

I'd love to carpool, but I am NOT driving to the East Coast to pick you up. You'd have to cover a LOT more than just tolls.

Don't be stingy Ed You'd already get to hang out with me in an enclosed space for 5 days or so...isn't that enough???

So maybe Im confused. Will this vacation cost money besides the mass amounts of food that I will need to bring?

Im moving to P-town in April anyways. So if I find a job that will give me the days off Im going.

Money to contribute to pay for the place we will stay.

Don't be stingy Ed You'd already get to hang out with me in an enclosed space for 5 days or so...isn't that enough???

If I can go, I could possibly drive??...but I rather fly

I'd be willing to go with you if we double time it. Splitting gas will have to be cheaper than flying too so it depends on the car...none of the cars I could borrow from home would cost less than a plain ticket when it comes to gas mileage. Also unfortunately I need to store my bikes(two but they'd be in boxes..

I'd be willing to go with you if we double time it. Splitting gas will have to be cheaper than flying too so it depends on the car...none of the cars I could borrow from home would cost less than a plain ticket when it comes to gas mileage. Also unfortunately I need to store my bikes(two but they'd be in boxes..

My car could, it has almost 40 miles/gal, but I'd have to think about it...

Sounds good...it would take about 75gallons of gas to get there.

My car could definetely make it back and forth, im just worried about putting too much stress on it... and thats 75 gallons of the more expensive gas, otherwise it would really put alot of stress on it. I still rather fly...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The more I think about it, the less likely it sounds of happening for me. Thats almost like 3 weeks of time I would have to take off - and that would not be able to work.

Yeah flying would be better...driving is just more fun. I know I'd be out of work for a while and driving that much was really hard on my legs during the trip but it was entertaining.