Getting leaner, chiseled facial features

I don't know if this topic has been discussed at all here, so I'll bring it up.

I think it is possible to change ones facial features (slightly, but it makes an aesthetic difference). Dropping body fat thins out the face and, IMO, chewing a thick wad of gum builds up the masseter (?) facial muscle (see illustration below), while chewing less gum (less resistance, longer) helps define the masseter muscle. This gives a slight effect of curving in the cheeks, which for men gives them a more masculine look. And for women a more exotic look (IMO, more definition is always better). The other technique, which I know sounds hokey, is to place an ice-cold compress on a facial feature you wish to reduce. Let's say you have a pudgy brow, by placing an ice-cold compress on it it will thin out the pudge (apparently the cold requires the underlying area to burn some fatty tissue to fight the cold (I know, it sound like nonsense, and I've never tried it). But anyway, reducing bodyfat and building up the jaw muscle can give someone a more chiseled face.

http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/anatomy/media/HandAtlas_masseter-fascia.jpg

Heh I had thought about this before, but always thought it would involve some kind of contraption that you'd likely see in a Saw film, some kind of head gear and a bunch of springs and bits of metal which go in your mouth for resistance... I imagine that eating tough chewy food also builds these muscles, horses have giant muscles on their heads which I guess is from chewing grass

Heh I had thought about this before, but always thought it would involve some kind of contraption that you'd likely see in a Saw film, some kind of head gear and a bunch of springs and bits of metal which go in your mouth for resistance... I imagine that eating tough chewy food also builds these muscles, horses have giant muscles on their heads which I guess is from chewing grass

You need to do much more chewing than you would when consume food-- even if you were a horse eating 24/7. I was able to build up this facial muscle-- in my pre-vegan days-- by consuming a half-dozen packages of Bit-O-Honey each day for 6 months or so. While at the time I loved Bit-O-Honey, I approached my consumption of it as a workout and made sure I worked both sides of the face equally. After going through a package I could see my face looked a little puffier on the sides, like I had two abscesses. I could feel these muscles were pumped up, like biceps after curls. This would go away by the next day. My work on this body part went away when life's circumstances changed and I gained weight and stopped thinking about it. But after I became a vegan, and especially after getting into exercising and bodybuilding again, I thinned out and this facial feature emerged. Friends, family, and co-workers said I looked like a different person.

When I was lifting heavy in college, my previously boyish face took on a more rugged, square, and muscular work. I didn't do any special exercises.

The people who I have known whose faces stay perennially young looking have done all of these things:

1. Ate a lot of vegetables

2. Avoided sun tanning

3. Avoided tabacoo smoking and other drug use

4. Drank a lot of water

5. Got regular rest

ahah funny I read this thing about building the jaw muscles, I always thought it was possible in a way, last week I wrote in my training log that "I trained my lower body and jaw muscles all day by walking while chewing gum", I was adding more and more gum, it was cold that day and the gum was really hard to chew, it was a good work out, at the end of the day it was like LiveSimply said in his post.

I always had a well defined face and jaw, I think it's important because it gives you a neck, so many people don't have any neck because there's no definition between the body and the head !

When I was lifting heavy in college, my previously boyish face took on a more rugged, square, and muscular work. I didn't do any special exercises.

The people who I have known whose faces stay perennially young looking have done all of these things:

1. Ate a lot of vegetables

2. Avoided sun tanning

3. Avoided tabacoo smoking and other drug use

4. Drank a lot of water

5. Got regular rest

I do all that. No wonder I still look like a kid lol. Oh well. I'll be the envy of everyone at my 20 year high school reunion! I like to drink pomegranite juice and green tea too which are known anti-oxidants.

I do all that. No wonder I still look like a kid lol. Oh well. I'll be the envy of everyone at my 20 year high school reunion! I like to drink pomegranite juice and green tea too which are known anti-oxidants.

I'm going to my 20th reunion this summer and can't wait! (I bet that makes me sound pretty old to some of the youngsters on here...) I love seeing how people change--or stay the same--as they get older. Sometimes it's depressing, sometimes inspiring. In any case, my face is still pretty smooth and I've got some muscles I never had before, so I'll make a good appearance.

I'm going to my 20th reunion this summer and can't wait! (I bet that makes me sound pretty old to some of the youngsters on here...) I love seeing how people change--or stay the same--as they get older. Sometimes it's depressing, sometimes inspiring. In any case, my face is still pretty smooth and I've got some muscles I never had before, so I'll make a good appearance.

I went to my 20th 4 years ago. I was amazed at the changes in some people. The guy who used to sit next to me in Biology class tried feeling me up when his wife wasn't looking, and someone stole my yearbook. It was weird.

I went to my 20th 4 years ago. I was amazed at the changes in some people. The guy who used to sit next to me in Biology class tried feeling me up when his wife wasn't looking, and someone stole my yearbook. It was weird.

Sounds like your class didn't change much.