Hello from Ottawa

funkybioped

Hello from Ottawa.

I have been popping my head in here for the past few weeks reading forum topics and picking up information on nutrition and weight training. I read one forum post calling it lurking, well, since that sounds kind of kreepy I thought I would join and introduce myself

I am not a vegan but I have been a vegetarian for about 12 or 13 years now, I have tried a vegan diet once along the way and didn’t quite make it. I try to keep my diet as close to vegan as possible for the animals, the planet and my health. I am just beginning to get into weight training and just started working out with a program this month, but my diet has been pretty pathetic. I am hoping to get some pointers here on how to focus my diet better and drop some of the carbs from my diet and eat less processed veggie foods and the like. I have always been into sports and have gone to the gym fairly often in my life but never really had a program, I just would walk up to a machine or set of dumbbells and start lifting. Yes you can insert your laughter here I only recently found out that isn’t the best idea, and I thought I was doing pretty good, oh well. Anyway, when I get a little more nerve Ill post my before pics and journal my progress if any.

13 yrs is a long time, congrats on that. I only started this journey 6 yrs ago myself and only vegan for last 3ish yrs

Welcome aboard ex-lurker

Yea no magic behind cleaning up your diet, except to just try and eat as much 'fresh' produce as possible. Fruits, Veggies and perhaps some nuts, seeds, grains and legumes that you prep yourself. This way you know what you are getting.

And hey, if you look good and you have strength and lbm then you have been doing good. It's up to you how far you wish to take it. Sky's the limit!

See you on the threads....

Welcome! It will be nice to see how you are doing since you've just started.

It's wise to start a food blog if you need advice on your diet. Or you can just tell us what you eat and someone will tell you what you can do better.

Hello all, you know everyone here should be kinda proud that your building quite a friendly community with such a cool purpose. Spreading the info that you can be a healthy competitive athlete without eating animal products, and you can be into the gym and still be friendly! Very cool! Tuc I am starting a food journal soon, going to try to see if detailing what I eat helps first before starting one online. I think just seeing it on paper will help me, then I will look for help tweaking. Right now I am having a real real hard time dropping my carbs down. Everything I eat for supper is usually over whole grain rice or whole grain pasta:(