new here

hilary wright

Hello, nice to find a vegi friendly place! Been a vegitarian for 26 years, mostly vegan, lacto-ovo some of the time, depending on digestion. Been training most of my life, of course with my name and being male. Mostly concentrate on trying to stay in shape now, and maintaining re-hab from a bad car accident. Started martial arts and weights as a kid (thanks to my name). Worked as a performing artists for 20 years, now own a video production company. Cheers!!

Edited by hilary wright

Hey bro. Welcome and happy to hear you are active after your accident, though i'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Did you have to get surgery? What kind of limitations do you have at the moment and is there any permanent damage?

Kids and teenagers do very hurtful things, I was a victim of name calling also and it went away when I made myself fit, just like your scenario.

You have been veg for almost as long as I have been alive, very cool.

Still practicing martial arts? I tried vee jitsu tee for a couple of yrs but it never stuck with me. Still, I enjoyed it.

Great to have you on the forum.

Thanks for all of the kind, welcoming words . . . Green . . . I only do soft style stuff on my own a couple times a week now . . . did a variety of styles for many years. The accident was in 1997, and the main injuries were : broken and chip fracture of c-5, t9-t11 compressed, rotated, herniated, sliced and diced, both shoulders severely separated and I think I broke a nail as well. Rehabbed first with breathing exercises, then yoga, and swimming. Vegan diet was key in healing . . . took many years, but now I'm ok for an older type guy, can do most everything, just have to keep up yoga, acupuncture and inversions. Great to be here!

Welcome to the forum man. Yeah that is an unusual name, I can imagine kids being ridiculous about it at school. Out of interest, do you introduce yourself as Hilary, or do you try to avoid it and go for 'H' or Larry? They're both winners.

Out of interest, do you introduce yourself as Hilary, or do you try to avoid it and go for 'H' or Larry? They're both winners.

You're killing your father Larry!!!

Sorry, had to get that out, couldn't resist

That sounds like it was pretty serious. I have never heard of inversions, just went to go look it up. Looks pretty interesting. What type of rehab exercises were they, an inversion table or something? What did it help to alleviate?

That's great that you can pretty much do anything now, you must have really taken care of yourself to get back to 100% like that you adopted a vegan diet to heal your body. Was it recommended to you or did you research and learn about it?

btw you look SOLID. Great physique.....

Richard and Mean green . . . too funny!! I actually just grit my teeth and go with Hilary now-a-days . . . I had a former Marine working for me during the last administration named Bill. So we were Bill and Hilary when we went out on location. He was not amused!

Inversions= inversion table, gravity boots, and headstands. I had a Vegan diet before the accident, but maintaining it (no matter what anyone said) was key IMO to a full recovery.

I have gotten lots of "you have to eat beef to get strong and healthy" . . . ok, I won't get started

Edited by hilary wright