Greetings from Salem, Oregon!

Mikael

Hello VBB community! I am Mike. Vegetarian for a year, vegan since 5/31/07.

I stopped consuming dairy products three days after I found this site and frequently browsed through pages of all of the great benefits, not only for the animals, but for me as well.

Getting a good body is priority for me right now, I am 6'1" and 136 pounds.. I lost 50 pounds 4 months after I quit eating meat, and fatty products. The pounds have stayed off..

Now it is time for me to tone my body into shape, to perhaps inspire people that you do not have to have cruelty in your daily diet to be fit, and strong.

I am eighteen years old, usually awake during the night, I enjoy getting to know people, baths/hot tubs, and my dog "Ming Mei the Shar Pei".

Welcome Mike!

Great to have you here! Our "home base" is in Portland, so we're just about an hour up the road. We do have at least two other members in Salem and nearly 30 forum members here in Portland.

Thanks for the intro and I'm glad this site has inspired you to go vegan, stay vegan and shape up as a vegan

You'll like this group. We have some pretty awesome people. Come up to Portland for a visit anytime and we'll show you around. Our Vegan Vacation is just around the corner too. Take a look at the Vegan Vacation section for more info.

All the best and welcome aboard!

• 2 weeks later...