anybody doing high raw?

I'm getting into this-again. I just started eating one cooked meal/day, usually lunch. Just wondering if anyone's doing this and if you would share an example of a daily meal list that you eat? So far, I'm pretty much like this:

green juice right after workout, before bfast

bfast (one of these):

green smoothie or soaked buckwheat porridge with sesame mylk

lunch: usually beans and raw greens in some form-lettuce tacos, bean soup on top of raw greens, etc.

dinner: huge salad or other raw entree

snacks are fruit and nuts, if I'm hungry

I wanna transition to high raw again. I keep getting colds, and nasty flu viruses attacking me. When I was raw I never got sick and I had loads of energy!

I just need to figure out some simple recipes that don't require too much time in the kitchen or millions of ingredients. Also, NO SPROUTING! I don't have the patience for that shit! Lol.

I wanna transition to high raw again. I keep getting colds, and nasty flu viruses attacking me. When I was raw I never got sick and I had loads of energy!
I just bought a Health Master. I won't be able to afford a Vitamix in this lifetime.
I just need to figure out some simple recipes that don't require too much time in the kitchen or millions of ingredients.
Me too.
Also, NO SPROUTING! I don't have the patience for that shit! Lol
Me neither.

haha Marcina! Me neither...

I'm doing it cause I REALLY want to lean out but with tons of ENERGY. I've done all raw, high raw, and no raw on and off for almost 20 years and when I'm very high or all raw, man, its like magic. I feel SOOOO good, have tons of energy but sleep like a baby, mental clarity and balance, never get sick...its wonderful.

I've developed a fair amount of lean muscle working out consistently over the last 8 months and I just really want to get really clean. But the calorie thing IS important...I'm still finding my way with that. A "regular" cooked portion is not enough for me when I eat raw. I'm going to allow myself to eat as much as I want, especially greens, and have some cooked beans daily too, at lunch. Its an experiment-I want to find a balance with it. But I think it will really lean me out now, as long as I dont' eat too many nuts and seeds. Its interesting. PLus summer is a great time to do raw-winter, not so much.

For nearly the first year of high raw I didn't sprout at all, but now I can't even imagine how I ever survived without it. And Vitamixes are way too expensive, but the most worthwhile thing I've even purchased.

Here's an example of what I've been eating lately.

Ground flax seeds mixed with raisins in a Vitamix. I'll take a cup of that, divide it in half and shape it into "bars" and eat when I'm at work.

Green smoothie - pineapple, orange, coconut oil, kale, collard greens, spirulina

Workout smoothie - Strawberries, bananas, sprouted buckwheat, 2-3 scoops Sun Warrior

Bowl of grapes, bowl of cherries

1-2 avocados with a bit of sea salt.

2-4 bananas

1-2 apples

Sprouted Lentils

I usually stick to a high raw diet, though after the stomach virus I just dealt with I had to eat a lot of rice cakes/toast/oatmeal to keep the food down, but I had a banana for breakfast this morning.

I HAVE IT TOO! Isn't it teh sux0rz?

I made raw banana ice cream for lunch today. Mmmm mmmm good. I had a hard time eating it all though. I think my tummy shrunk. I had oatmeal last night but it sat too heavy in my stomach. Bananas are my magic food when I'm sick.

I just need to figure out some simple recipes that don't require too much time in the kitchen or millions of ingredients. Also, NO SPROUTING! I don't have the patience for that shit! Lol.

Do partly raw like me! For me it's not an ethical dietry choice..its a health one. There are quite a few foods whose vitamins only become available when heated, or whose absorbtion levels increase with heat etc. But mainly, I can't do raw..totally raw when its cold!

When its cold I want stodge!

Cooked steaming stodge!

I don't know what everyone has against good whole honest cooked grains these days...? Carbs build more muscle than protein at the end of the day if consumed correctly.

I think anyone who adds a green smoothie to their diet is well on their way to getting all their vitamins and minerals and amino acids for the day!

If you're eating healthily and still getting colds often, maybe you are overtraining or suffering from stress.

I'm not anti-raw food, infact as I said, i eat mainly raw food, but a vegan diet is limiting enough socially and sufficient hard work without having to convert to a raw food purist. If its a pain in the arse don't do it, just take what you like of the diet and incorporate it into your regular eating plan.

Do partly raw like me! For me it's not an ethical dietry choice..its a health one. There are quite a few foods whose vitamins only become available when heated, or whose absorbtion levels increase with heat etc. But mainly, I can't do raw..totally raw when its cold!

When its cold I want stodge!

Cooked steaming stodge!

I don't know what everyone has against good whole honest cooked grains these days...? Carbs build more muscle than protein at the end of the day if consumed correctly.

I think anyone who adds a green smoothie to their diet is well on their way to getting all their vitamins and minerals and amino acids for the day!

If you're eating healthily and still getting colds often, maybe you are overtraining or suffering from stress.

I'm not anti-raw food, infact as I said, i eat mainly raw food, but a vegan diet is limiting enough socially and sufficient hard work without having to convert to a raw food purist. If its a pain in the arse don't do it, just take what you like of the diet and incorporate it into your regular eating plan.

That's a good idea. I love some fresh homemade smoothies and juices but I also like my bowl of hot oats too!

I don't think I'm overtraining, but I'm pretty sure it's stress. In my blog I wrote about the things that have been bothering me. It's good therapy. I need to chill out haha!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to find a "good" raw competition diet...I'm transitioning to high raw and not getting results...

maybe too many carbs, not enough protein but I'm losing the definition I did have...

also can't really eat nuts because they are a huge trigger food for me...

Can anyone help out???

hyran77~ur in Dearborn? I'm in Bloomfield Hills-great to meet ya!

I hear you about high raw and losing muscle....still haven't made this jump yet. Have all the tools-the vitamix, the know-how...will just have to cough up the willingness and go for it.

I think you might be right, the person who wrote above, that we need enough calories (whole food carbs) to build muscle. Thats why I want to keep my beans in one meal every day. Maybe occasionally ezekiel bread. Hmm...its all about finding balance.....

Hey another MI person...yippee!!!

See the problem is that I can't have wheat, gluten, etc...I have had a lot of health problems over the past few years and since I've eliminated gluten I've noticed a slight improvement...should have known after going vegan over two years ago and eating a lot of mock meats and seitan...I never (until recently) figured out how much more gluten I was putting in my system.

I wish I have the money for a dehydrator and vitamix...but I don't and I could see myself over doing it with dehydrating stuff...I really don't want to get into sprouting because I just don't have the time or patience for it!!! =(

I'm just getting really frustrated....

Also, NO SPROUTING! I don't have the patience for that shit! Lol
Me neither.

You guys cannot be serious ? lol You Guys !

Very simple steps soak over night, put in stringer let it sit for a couple of day

and boom there you have it

Mung Beans

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu40/Washer01/CIMG0469.jpg?t=1244217098

Chick Peas, Which don't last long. These are my absolute favorite. My mom thinks I make the best hummus dip

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu40/Washer01/CIMG0459.jpg?t=1244217169

Very highly suggest to soak a TON of sprouts, they don't last long. Especially in this mouth

Edited by Tasha

maybe at some point I'll get into it, but I dont even have the slightest clue how to start
She just explain it in simple terms.

Tasha, where do you let them sit after straining them, in the fridge? Seriously I don't know.

I lied them on the counter. Water them once or twice.

Also when you're soaking them over night. Leave them out on the counter.

Don't put them in the fridge. Otherwise they won't sprout.

But When they're done sprouting you can then put them in the fridge.

They'll last longer that way.

My mom thinks I make the best hummus dip

You can't say that and not post the recipe so the rest of us can try it.

Please

Yeah you bet. I picked this tip up from preparing stuff with thendanisays. I don't do measurements. I just go with the flow and my own taste.

so This is what I use

Sprouted Chick peas

1 or 2 Squeeze lemon

Fresh garlic minced

Raw Tahini

Cumin

Use a blender, magic bullet or a food processor

If you want here's a recipe with measurements. You can substitute the Zucchini in with the Chick Peas.

http://goneraw.com/recipe/hummus

I lied them on the counter. Water them once or twice.

Also when you're soaking them over night. Leave them out on the counter.

Don't put them in the fridge. Otherwise they won't sprout.

But When they're done sprouting you can then put them in the fridge.

They'll last longer that way.

Thanks Kanye!