Any women here like Denise Austin?

kollision

I remember seeing her on a choclate bar commercial and I was like, "Who is this fitness guru?". I then saw her early in the morning I believe on Lifetime Channel and boy is she in shape. She is also 49 years old this year! Heres her site:

http://www.deniseaustin.com/

I really think that in terms of body, she is a good role model for women. Anyone here like her too?

• 1 month later...

Ick, yuck, beurk!

Denise Austin IS very annoying. On the videos and shows I've seen, she talks to exercisers as if she's talking to 4 years olds. She also has a voice that's like nails on a chalkboard, and mentions "bra overhang" a lot, and says we're going to "burn that butter."

She also has an odd, boogie-eyed look about her, like she never blinks.

At best, she's "perky." At worst, overly so.

She just comes over as 'dumb as a post" to me, and she's hawked some really stupid fitness gadgets (like a neoprene wrap that she kept saying would help you lose weight, but the host of the QVC show she was hawking on kept correcting her and saying that it was temporary water weight loss, because they didn't want false claims).

Don't like her. Can you tell?

(She may have gotten better in recent years, but I tried her years ago and will never try again. The titles and descriptions of some of her more recent workouts look good , see www.collagevideo.com ) )

I give kudo's to Denise for her stick to it-ness in the indusrty and yes she looks awesome at any age let alone 49....but to me her work outs are very simple and not enough of a real challenge. It is great for a beginner who wants to do it in the living room space. I get bored need more challenge. I would bet she does more than what she does on her show to stay in the shape she is in. I am 45 and to stay tip top, well it is a part time job !!

I think she is gorgeous, and I do believe that you can have a fantastic physique at any age. I won't say anything cynical regarding how "youthful" her appearance is. She looks younger than most 20yr olds. Most celebs in any industry hawk so-called "miracle" products. It appeals to people who like "easy street". Can't say I'd ever try any of her products, but if she is helping people towards a healthier lifestyle, I'd say good on her. We all have to make money some how (although personally, taking peoples money for a product that is dubious is a little beyond me.)

I really think that in terms of body, she is a good role model for women. Anyone here like her too?

I must say, I tend to agree with Kollison now. I actually tried one of her yoga DVD's, and I am very, very impressed. She is fit, toned, she looks fantastic, but its not fake-not a plastic surgeon junkie. I stand converted!

• 2 weeks later...

She is in fantastic shape but she seems a little flakey in her videos. I have been using her "Blast Away The Pounds" walking DVD (yes, I am a beginner) for a little while and although it's an easy way to walk a mile or two she's just a little goofy in her workouts. They are working fine for me right now, but I know that won't last forever.