LA transplant living in Florida

divadolce

Hi Everyone!

I have been transitioning into living a raw vegan lifestyle over the last several months. I am looking to improve my life, my health, and also to lose at least 100 pounds. I started doing the Body For Life program last summer and as I did more research about optimal nutrition I learned that pursuing the raw vegan path felt better to me. I have had difficulty actually DOING the exercise part of being healthy. So I want to be connecting with people who focus on fitness as well as their nutrition. I am a singer/songwriter and I also love yoga, bellydance, and the healing arts.

May love and light surround each of you on your path of wellness!!

divadolce:)

Welcome! We have a number of members in Florida so you're not alone.

I also did the Body-for-LIFE program back in 2000 and it was the very program that jumpstarted my interest in bodybuilding. I'm glad you found it as well. I followed the exercises and the nutrition guidelines, just picking vegan foods rather than what they recommended.

We're glad you have you here! We have other song writers and musicians as well.

Feel free to explore the forum and get to know our community.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hi Last of the Sane!

Yes reiki is included...I love music therapy, arts therapy, angel therapy, sacred geometry, yoga, massage, chakra therapy....all of that stuff. LOL Just seems to be easier to word it under the umbrella of "healing arts". And really just the idea of using any art form, raw food preparation included, for the purpose of healing and enhancing one's life sounds peachy to me.

Love the name - divadolce! Within the past two years, I lost 90lbs. I bought the Body for Life (women's) book last year and didn't get motivated to take the steps seriously. Ultimately, though, I think it's a phenomenal program. I'd agree that a macro/raw/unprocessed diet is the best for weight loss and maintenance. Hope we can be a support for you!

Me at 240 lbs:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/fat.jpg

Work (not quite) In Progress:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/DSC00004-1.jpg