Dehydrators

Batteries Chaserhun?? Lol. The beauty of dehydrated food is that it lasts a very long time and isn't perishable. A major reason why people dehydrate is so that they can take food with them anywhere or store it for awhile. That would be an odd request for such a device.

I have the excalibur as well and i'd recommend the 9 tray system; it's worth the extra cost over the 4 tray. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fill it up and you'll be thankful you have the bigger size. There were so many time I wished I had two back to back to handle bigger amounts of produce I had all at once......

Go for it, it's a nice piece of machinery.

Batteries Chaserhun?? Lol. The beauty of dehydrated food is that it lasts a very long time and isn't perishable. A major reason why people dehydrate is so that they can take food with them anywhere or store it for awhile. That would be an odd request for such a device.

I have the excalibur as well and i'd recommend the 9 tray system; it's worth the extra cost over the 4 tray. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fill it up and you'll be thankful you have the bigger size. There were so many time I wished I had two back to back to handle bigger amounts of produce I had all at once......

Go for it, it's a nice piece of machinery.

yeah but the 9 plates Excalibur costs 354 dollars here, my dad don't gets so much mony monthly , need to find a summer job, lol

Solar dehydration is free (& full of nutrients you can only get from the sun)

Also, if you're talking about something that needs to last you a few days...

Excellent water rich portable produce include:

apples

oranges

avocados

bananas

mangoes

plums

apricots

coconuts

nectarines

peaches

carrots

broccoli

cauliflower

ALL greens (for about a day or two)

tomatoes

melons

etc. etc. etc...

dates & raisins are also very good for "preservation trips"

seed & nuts are super-portable & dried out!

You could always make a customized trail mix as well

When it comes to anything dehydrated, I LOVE http://www.lydiasorganics.com/

They hand make everything, and use the sun for dehydration.

Personally, I think dehydrators are a HUGE waste of money, time

& energy(electricity), but that's just me.

If you're going to invest that much money into something.. it should

be a juicer, our bodies need hydration more than anything.

You could always be creative with the produce pulp and dehydrate that

into snacks

When I went raw for a year I would of been lost without my dehydrator. It helped me create all those foods and snacks that helped tied the craving for cooked foods. Once the cravings stopped, I never used my dehydrator again except for special dinner like Thanksgiving and such.

Its probably going to start being used much more often and Im going to start storing food for the end of the world.

I'm a self confessed food lover... well, food-addict more like it. My 9 tray excalibar dehydrator is worth every cent cause I can make all sorts of yummy crackers, pizza base, nut burgers, vege jerky, dried fruit, nori snack, marinated vege, almond meal etc etc. He he I fed some of Matt Amsden's famous onion bread to my colleagues (without telling them they are raw) and they all loved it.

On another topic, I get this great satisfaction on feeding people raw food and see how much they enjoy it without knowing its raw. I fed my neighbour's teenage grandsons some blueberry cheezcake and they absolutely loved it... even though they had them with some dairy ice cream it was still priceless to see their enjoyment. Yes yes I am like the Italian mama...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hy fellow Hungarian raw friend!

It is easy to make/bake bread. You should use sprouted grains like wheat, rye or kamut, you can get them in Hungary.

One of my favourite book is full with good bread recipes. Élő Ételek az Egészségért- is the title of the book, you can buy it everywhere, in alexandra or libri too. Check out: http://www.mandala-veda.hu

have fun!

I'm a self confessed food lover... well, food-addict more like it. My 9 tray excalibar dehydrator is worth every cent cause I can make all sorts of yummy crackers, pizza base, nut burgers, vege jerky, dried fruit, nori snack, marinated vege, almond meal etc etc. He he I fed some of Matt Amsden's famous onion bread to my colleagues (without telling them they are raw) and they all loved it.

On another topic, I get this great satisfaction on feeding people raw food and see how much they enjoy it without knowing its raw. I fed my neighbour's teenage grandsons some blueberry cheezcake and they absolutely loved it... even though they had them with some dairy ice cream it was still priceless to see their enjoyment. Yes yes I am like the Italian mama...

Move next door to me please