Raw food bars

If you have dried dates in your area you can blend them in a strong blender and add some nuts, seeds or rasped coconut. It's quite sticky. I have never made bars, but made little balls. If you put them into the fridge you can keep them a long time. You can also try it with dried figs if available.

yeah, but dates very expensive

True, but you could try raisins, too. I have never tried it myself, but with a strong blender you should be able to make a sticky cream.

Would it work in a magic bullet??

I wanna make those! I have almonds and dates sittin in my pantry

I don't know the magic bullet blender, but you could try it. Dates are not suitable for any blender. You need a really powerful one.

I have just made some date-hazelnut-almond-coconut balls without blending the dates. Just cut the dates with a knife into small pieces mix them with your hands together with the chopped nuts and make little balls. Finally rol the balls through the rasped coconut.

Blended dates taste finer, but the result is the same.

http://a559.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/l_49a24c0df35c84fb2242e986c98956a6.jpg

Simmer the dates with a bit of water, juice, soymilk, etc. and stir continuously until it thickens.

Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl: Oatmeal, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, etc.

Combine the date paste with the dry ingredients, and mix well.

Pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan, and let it cool.

Here's the recipe I slopped together:

4oz Prunes

4oz Dates

1TB Ground Flax (optional)

1/2 C Oatmeal (Use Food Processor)

1TB Peanut or Almond Butter

Raisins

Tart Cherries

Sesame Seeds

in Quebec, Canada, I buy some fresh dates from Iran, 2,50$(Canadian or US dollar, samething now) for 550 grams. I don't find that expensive and they're good quality and delicious, soft.

Dried dates you can get a really big bag for 2$ but it's ing compared to fresh dates...

It often depends in which food store you buy. In Montreal I often buy dried figs, but in villages outside the city, I never buy any it's too expensive.

• 2 months later...