How do you take your Omega-3s?

We take 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, or flax oil (Spectrum brand with DHA) if I'm making a salad, and we limit our intake of omega 6 fatty acids (mostly by avoiding all oils except olive, flax or canola and most processed or prepared foods). We also take 1-2 capsules if the http://www.water4.net EPA/DHA.

Mostly from chia seeds

Some from the Ezekiel 4:9 Flax Cereal but that's negligible

My opinion is torn right now about oils. If you are looking to gain weight and can't pack in the extra food I would consider supplementing the remainder of your macronutrient ratio of fat calories with flaxseed oil with DHA from Flora. One of the main reasons I choose Flora is because it comes in 8.5 oz bottles. The 8.5 oz bottles cost a fraction more in the long run but it helps keep the oil fresh because you can minimize the amount of time the oil is exposed to air. For example, a 17 oz bottle may take anywhere from "X" amount of weeks to consume depending on how much you take each day, where as an 8.5 oz bottle is consumed in half the time, cutting the air exposure time in half. I usually buy about 12 or more bottles at a time, keeping one bottle in the fridge while the rest are in the freezer. The seeds are also "pressed in low-heat, light-and oxygen-free environment, bottled in environmentally friendly, light resistant amber glass to ensure maximum nutritional value and freshness."

If you are looking to lose weight I would steer clear of all oils and stick with whole foods, chia seed and flaxseed. Walnuts are also high in 3s but even higher in 6s so they don't really help your overall ratio.

Side note: I previously supplemented with Udo's DHA oil, Flora packages the Udo's product and I had good results from taking it, but the same results can be achieved with Flora's DHA Flax oil. Udo's blend is a 2:1, 3s to 6s ratio to help ensure most people don't over consume 3s and thus become deficient in 6s as he notes might be a problem with supplementing with plain flaxseed oil. I don't see this as being a problem unless you are consuming only low fat whole foods and only supplementing with flaxseed oil as your sole source of fat. I've been using nutritiondata to track my 3:6 ratio so its easier to keep things in check.

Lastly, I too am supplementing with 3-4 capsules of EPA/DHA.

I like to put the ground up flax seeds into my food, and I am taking the V-Pure for EPA/DHA.

I also am taking 2 tablespoons of the Vega EFA oil product (hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, a blend of green tea seed oil, pomegranate seed oil, black cumin seed oil, black raspberry seed oil, blueberry seed oil, cranberry seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, and coconut oil).

My nutritionist also gave me a bottle of her brand of EFA oil that is mostly walnut oil, hazelnut oil, sesame seed oil, and apricot kernel oil. I took that for a month or so.

Varied EFA's I like to do.