New Categories!

SyrLinus

We've justed added the following forum categories:

General Fitness (http://veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=58) with Endurance, Martial Arts and General Fitness as the forums and Regional Events and Discussions (http://veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=62) with various popular/active cities and countries. We expect that both of these will grow over time.

I've been moving some topics around into the new sub-sections. Looking at the "General fitness" sub-section, does this mean that the original "General Fitness/Other Sports" is going to be removed entirely, and split up into the new three categories: Endurance, Martial Arts & General? Since it doesn't make much sense to me to have a general fitness section, then also have a general fitness sub-section

Well, Germany get's his own space... what about a category for "Rest of Europe" ?????

Maybe it would just make sense to have a Europe one for now? I don't know how many threads would get made to make it necessarily to split Europe up into further sub-categories

I thought about "Europe" too but I wasn't sure if we had enough people from the same regional areas that get together, like we do in Germany for example, where meet-ups happen multiple times per year.

We could add it, I just didn't want to get "too" many categories and wanted to pick the areas where the regional members would really benefit from having a section dedicated to their area.

So we'll consider it

I've been moving some topics around into the new sub-sections. Looking at the "General fitness" sub-section, does this mean that the original "General Fitness/Other Sports" is going to be removed entirely, and split up into the new three categories: Endurance, Martial Arts & General? Since it doesn't make much sense to me to have a general fitness section, then also have a general fitness sub-section

Yeah, I agree that it already looks confusing and is starting to resemble the way it used to look with tons of categories, which I personally found confusing and I've really appreciated having less categories.

I get the Regional thing and that looks easy to understand, but the way I'm looking at it now, there's 3 areas that are classified as "Endurance Fitness" so people are gonna be posting all over the place again if its left like that... IMHO...

Yeah, I hear ya...we want to keep it as simple as possible and I think I will cut out some categories. I just really wanted to do the regional ones and then give Martial Arts it's own since some people come just for that section only.

As I mentioned 3 times I think I was hoping to have them listed horizontally so it wouldn't add more length or bulk to the forum, but not sure we can do that. I'll keep working to condense the forum.

Any specific sections that should go? I'll remove the General Fitness one since that could go under bodybuilding or endurance sports, but are there other ideas?

Thanks!

I didn't realize we had some duplicate things....please understand it's a work in progress as we sort out sub-forum stuff

Thanks for your patience...

So I just removed 2 categories and removed a section. I may cut out L.A. if we don't get more members posting there for the regional stuff.

Any other ideas of something that could go.

Should recipes go or do you like having it separate from Nutrition?

Should Raw Food go and just have it mixed in with Nutrition?

Anything else?

So now....it's just as it was before, with the addition of Martial Arts having it's own section (again) and the regional forums at the bottom.

Thoughts?

It might worth experimenting with removing the raw food section. I think that sub forum attracts raw foodists here, which leads to nutrition talk, which leads to arguments that get personal in tone. I don't accept the beliefs of raw foodism, but I have nothing against raw foodists as people. I try to stay out of those arguments. You asked for thoughts and that is one of mine. If the experiment doesn't work out you can always add that sub forum back later.

I think a board can have too many sub forums. A long list of sub forums can overwhelm people. I don't think it is necessary to have them arranged horizontally. Everything in moderation.

Happy Wednesday

It might worth experimenting with removing the raw food section. I think that sub forum attracts raw foodists here, which leads to nutrition talk, which leads to arguments that get personal in tone. I don't accept the beliefs of raw foodism, but I have nothing against raw foodists as people. I try to stay out of those arguments. You asked for thoughts and that is one of mine. If the experiment doesn't work out you can always add that sub forum back later.

I think a board can have too many sub forums. A long list of sub forums can overwhelm people. I don't think it is necessary to have them arranged horizontally. Everything in moderation.

Happy Wednesday

The bored used to have millions of sub-categories and it was cut in half. I agree that too many sub-categories are overwhelming, but I don't think its at that point yet.

I think the Raw Foodist category should stay BECAUSE of your reasoning that it could lead to disagreements and that is why I think its best that people interested in that lifestyle have an area to discuss it with other Raw Foodists. If you put it all together, I foresee more disagreements because you have 2 drastically different sets of advice. That happens a little bit already... which is fine... but I think it is minimalized BECAUSE we have a seperate Raw Food section that people can refer too with their questions.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't mind if the raw food section goes away. I don't see why they shouldn't write in the regular nutrition forum. I'm sick of whenever we try to say something they reply "if you don't agree stay out of the raw section".

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gifhttp://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/eusa_shifty.gifhttp://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/eusa_dance.gif

I definitely think Raw Food should stay and I think Vegan Recipes should stay...

Its good now... I think ya should just let it ride for a while Rob... lots of change at once causes me stress http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

..... well I can't comment on what should stay or go, I haven't been around for ages, but lets create some stress busting moves! hehe

• 2 months later...
I thought about "Europe" too but I wasn't sure if we had enough people from the same regional areas that get together, like we do in Germany for example, where meet-ups happen multiple times per year.

We could add it, I just didn't want to get "too" many categories and wanted to pick the areas where the regional members would really benefit from having a section dedicated to their area.

So we'll consider it

Good point..I live in Spain and it would be impossible here at the moment. I live in Cordoba and to my knowledge, and I involve myself in and run a lot of AR activities in the area, there are only 2 other vegans in the whole of the city (thanks to me;-)) and neither of them are interested in bodybuilding. Also here in Spain, even most "vegeterians" eat a bit of "jamon" from time to time or "fish"...they are really way behind the USA and most other places in europe in many aspects, but maybe in 5 years time, who knows!

• 7 months later...
Just curious, I am a 27 year old male vegan, who is a christian. Are there any other christians guys or girls out there????

Soulrage25: it may be worthwhile to start your own thread in the Personals section or General section to see if there are any. They may have a hard time finding you in this thread.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently added in a 'Powerlifting & Strongman' section to the forum and that seems to be one that's becoming increasingly popular. Hopefully that will continue to grow. I'm thinking of adding in a specific running section seeing as there a number of vegan runners on here, will look into it when I have a little more time.

Please feel free to keep posting up any suggestions you may have, thanks MF.