JENNIFER CONNELLY - CONNELLY: 'MY SON BROKE MY VEGANISM' (l)

Vegan Joe

What's the idea of writing an article when the only info they provide is this and nothing else:

Jennifer Connelly "I'd been vegan for many years, and then all of a sudden, when I was pregnant with Kai, I wanted a turkey burger. That was the end of my being vegan."
I guess we should understand that she was just vegan for no serious reasons, or, no reasons.

I just ingnore people like that. They do veganism as a trend thing not as a lifestyle choice. I think she just was not big into meat from the start not because she loved animals.

I don't care how much you love your child meat is not the answer. I have seen plenty of healthy vegan raised kids.

this pregnancy and vegetarian issue seems quite common; some vegetarians genuinely seem to think that you somehow need meat if pregnant; but clearly it isnt true; enough protein and calories= enough nutrition, and as we've established, a vegan diet offers that in abundance just like any other.

Also, even if a vegetarian does fall for this myth and start eating meat when pregnant they could at least have the decency to eat *more* ethically farmed meat not battery farmed crap (i.e turkey burger) and they should stop eating meat as soon as they had the baby!!!

A friend of mine who's vegetarian actually believed that meat should be eaten when pregnant but she said that she wanted a meat eater to give up meat for that time while she ate it...which I said I would do XD

(this is when i was a meat eater ofc)

Well. She was pregnant so maybe she didn't have a choice. I'm no expert but I'd imagine that cravings during pregnancy are extremely hard to overcome.

Also. There is a strong possibility that the article is false.

What do you mean ? That she would have die or felt like dying if she would have ordered a salad at that restaurant instead of the burger, or if she would have waited some minutes more, the time to go buy some bananas or anything else at a store across the street?

Pregnancy makes you get some very strange cravings i've been told. I could reasonable see some craving for dairy since there are opioids in milk, but after 11 years that's definitely not an issue. I'm aware there are plenty of vegans who remain vegan during pregnancy.

cravings as an excuse is bull shit. women need to control their hormones. nuff said

Yeah. I think it's mean to blame your kid for stuff like that.. Learn some self control. I doubt there are any vegans who "killed" their babies because they didn't eat meat.

Well that seems silly. And I agree that she probably was vegan for shallow reasons. Not meaning that her reasons were shallow, but that they didn't run deep with her, she probably just didn't really love meat, so didn't mind going without it. or did it for dietary reasons only.

I can see having strong cravings for meat, but I don't see any reason why it can't be overcome...but then I've also yet to be pregnant...

I would like to say that I have not ever been pregnant, so I can't speak first hand.

However, I don't believe that it is necessary for me to have this experience to realize that my ethical beliefs are paramount to any craving or desire I could have.

I chose at the age of nine to become a vegetarian because I saw meat for what it was -- flesh.

Animals are my friends, and I do not eat them.

I have never in my life eaten fish or creatures of the sea, so I do not know what to crave. My memory of poultry and red meat is only negative.

So it would seem highly unlikely that I would choose to take life and injest the bodies of these beings I have spent so much of my life trying to protect and nurture at a time when I would be giving the most amazing thing in this world -- life.

To feed life with death is nothing that I would crave.

Further, it is a matter of ethics and dedication to the suffering of animals.

If I do have a child, I will continue with my conscious vegan diet.

Oh my! From someone who has been pregnant four times, those cravings are very hard to fight! And you are also in PMS mode all the time! So your willpower goes out the window and all decency. Of course you don't have to give up being vegan over one little turkey burger (coodles for not going for the real red meat burger). You do have to be smart to think about why you are craving something, and then figure out what you need and eat it. And eat it as in NOW!!!!! (Same goes with going to the bathroom for #1 all the time!).

Oh my! From someone who has been pregnant four times, those cravings are very hard to fight! And you are also in PMS mode all the time! So your willpower goes out the window and all decency. Of course you don't have to give up being vegan over one little turkey burger (coodles for not going for the real red meat burger). You do have to be smart to think about why you are craving something, and then figure out what you need and eat it. And eat it as in NOW!!!!! (Same goes with going to the bathroom for #1 all the time!).

I'll stick with my thought that my ethics and morals and ultimate dislike of eating flesh would not drive me to break in my convictions and consume meat. If you're saying, however, this is what happens, thanks for letting me know -- I'll adopt if I choose to raise a human baby.

I think she was just a diet vegan not an ethical one. My guess. Cause if you fall off the horse you get back on. I guess for her was just and easy way out. I think she needs to stop what she is doing and do some real soul searching before her next meal.