Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Corn is shite

2. Corn is shite

3. Wheat is delicious

4. So are oats

5. Other stuff works to

6. BEANS!

I'm a bean/legume eating machine. I love black beans, but I have to stay away from them because they give me gas. I don't have that problem with other beans.

Yeah, I only say cut out wheat because he is having trouble shifting fat & wheat is possibly the worst culprit in fat gain.Dont get me wrong, I love it & eat 4 slices a day.But then I am trying to gain weight.This guy is trying to lose it.

2 most common things in obese peoples diets: Processed white flour wheat products & sugar filled drinks.

If you are trying to lose weight, wheat is the enemy.

Yeah, I only say cut out wheat because he is having trouble shifting fat & wheat is possibly the worst culprit in fat gain.Dont get me wrong, I love it & eat 4 slices a day.But then I am trying to gain weight.This guy is trying to lose it.

2 most common things in obese peoples diets: Processed white flour wheat products & sugar filled drinks.

If you are trying to lose weight, wheat is the enemy.

Perhaps we could change your list to

1. Processed carbs ('white' products, soda, etc.)

2. Saturated animal fats

These workouts should burn calories.

The End of Painfully Boring Cardio Workouts

Circuit Training rules Also, for an easy way to gain time and keep your intensity during workout, do 1 set of sit-ups between each set of the weight lifting exercices you're doing, instead of resting, that will be like 20 sets of ab workout, for a shorter session than if you would train abs in a separate block of time ! (or instead of abs you can do it with calves, etc...)

Its funny because it is similar to the hating us vegans get from omni's.

Why do rawfoodists repeat this so often? Being annoyed by someone pushing a ridiculous, guru-based crap is NOTHING like hating someone who presents rational, logical, science-backed arguments and doesn't try to convert you to the "right kind of religion".

Have you ever saw any comments making fun of/hating on Lean & Green?

No but of others I have.But hey Im not even raw so its not my fight.Im just pointing out that some people criticise the rawists even though though probably havnt even looked into the possible benefits etc for themselves.

Why do rawfoodists repeat this so often? Being annoyed by someone pushing a ridiculous, guru-based crap is NOTHING like hating someone who presents rational, logical, science-backed arguments and doesn't try to convert you to the "right kind of religion".

Have you ever saw any comments making fun of/hating on Lean & Green?

Amen.

Giacomo (L&G) is a perfect example of a raw foodist without an agenda on this forum.

When raw foodists preach to vegans it is the same as vegans preaching to omnis - a sure way to turn them off.

It is a pet theory of mine that SOME religious people are evangelical and proselytize because they don't have conviction in their faith. They WANT to believe it is true, but they don't accept it as true the way people accept the existence of stones, trees and cats as true. Having people around them who think.....and speak contrary to their "beliefs" shakes their faith in what they WANT to believe. To counteract act they speak about their "beliefs" vociferously which has the duel benefit of rehypnotizing themselves and possibly convincing someone else to parrot what they want to hear so they feel more secure in their belief.

However, OTHER people just pick up what works for them and they aren't too concerned what other people think (true or not ). That or they value their interpersonal relationships more then convincing people they are right. As a vegan and a guy L&G is rare that way.

I was a raw foodist for a year when I was 14. I remember what my head space was like. I was able to believe the silly made up ideas of the raw food authors because I was young. I was uneducated about basic biological facts, I was uneducated about how knowledge is gathered and proved, and I was uneducated about how the world works.

It is a cliche, but the young do tend to be arrogant because of their inexperience. People, including myself, have a tendency to want to believe in magic and that they have found some sort of "special power" that everyone else investing hard work in other things, missed discovering.

That described me as a evangelical raw foodist ( & yes, I followed all the rules and it made me unhealthy ) and I think it describes most of the evangelical raw foodists on this board. I think there is a good chance since they are young and intelligent that they will grow out of raw foodism, as well as the qualities that make it possible for them to believe in it, as well as being evangelical.

No it isn't. Omnis "hate" vegans ( people who eat a vegan diet out of ethical motivations ) because the existence of vegans makes them feel indicted. Deep down they know that exploiting animals sucks, but they aren't ready to deal with it. One means of pushing that away is to make claims that the vegan diets aren't practical. The scientific literature actually backs up the value of conventional vegan diets.

It doesn't back up raw food diets. That is one difference.

The other difference is that nobody here "hates" raw foodists. They are just irritated by them and it has nothing to do with guilt. They are irritated by them because they strongly and frequently promote things that run contrary to facts.

No but of others I have.But hey Im not even raw so its not my fight.Im just pointing out that some people criticise the rawists even though though probably havnt even looked into the possible benefits etc for themselves.

Flat. Out. False.

I was a raw foodist for a year and followed it by all the numbers. DV is medical professional. She is highly educated as to how the human body works. Troy, who is probably one of the most advanced bodybuilders here recently posted that he read Brandon Brazier's book. As an interesting aside, one of Troy's few comments about the book was that it had no citations for the claims it made.

I was a raw foodist for one month, mainly as an informal experiment. I experienced no "detoxing" effects and had no change in my energy level, which is understandable because a) there is no such thing as detoxing as explained in layman's terms, and b) I was already eating a clean vegan diet for a few years. Many diets work for different people and most people would get the same effects from a raw or whole foods vegan or whole foods omni diet (in the short term) if they are coming from a highly-processed, poor diet. The problems start when the newly converted don't educate themselves further, concerning any diet, to see where nutritional deficiencies can occur.

No diet is perfect, even if it is "all natural," because nature doesn't care about you once you've passed your reproductive peak. At that point, it's every man for himself and the smart ones will use human ingenuity (supplements, antibiotics, soap, surgery, medicines, vaccinations) to overcome the very natural processes of living - which include disease, cancer and death!

As a side note, I've had a few raw foodists come to me with medical concerns such as low B12 levels, low vitamin D levels, high LDL levels, high homocysteine levels, high C-reactive protein levels. And these are in young people! I wish they would come to this forum to post about their experiences with documented nutritional deficiencies so that there could be some balance. In my experience, many raw foodists do not seek medical advice unless there is a medical urgency or emergency. Simple blood tests can help to keep people from developing diseases that take years to manifest. No matter what you eat, your particular body may be more prone to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. Everyone can benefit from really getting to know their bodies, inside and out, at an early age. And no, "listening to what your body tells you is right" will not cut it. If our bodies could reason then we wouldn't need a brain and all the "bad" substances out there wouldn't produce endorphins.

Troy, who is probably one of the most advanced bodybuilders here recently posted that he read Brandon Brazier's book. As an interesting aside, one of Troy's few comments about the book was that it had no citations for the claims it made.
I have a copy of the book and didn't realize that.

I think it is our educational system. It doesn't encourage us to be critical of what we read, to ask "how does the author know what s/he knows?" If something is in print we tend to let ourselves be spoon fed information without examining the quality of the information.

I do that all of the time myself.

I think it is our educational system. It doesn't encourage us to be critical of what we read, to ask "how does the author know what s/he knows?" If something is in print we tend to let ourselves be spoon fed information without examining the quality of the information.

I do that all of the time myself.

+1

Quite a lot of the lecturers at my uni tends to present only one-sided information and subtly (or, in some cases, blankly) promote his/her own opinion(s). For me, that's one of the most annoying things about being a student. Luckily, I've been introduced to punkrock rather early in my life, so I have at least some critical thinking skills.

No diet is perfect, even if it is "all natural," because nature doesn't care about you once you've passed your reproductive peak. At that point, it's every man for himself and the smart ones will use human ingenuity (supplements, antibiotics, soap, surgery, medicines, vaccinations) to overcome the very natural processes of living - which include disease, cancer and death!

oh my god...

Hallelujah... "I've seen the future: it is murder"

oh my god...

It's true (probably ... it's not something you can really "prove"). Nature only cares about keeping us alive long enough to reproduce. We don't know whether it's because of some sort of programmed senescence or mutual accumulation or disposable soma phenomenon, but for whatever reason, we naturally age and decay. And unlike problems that affect us before or during reproductive age, there's no evolutionary mechanism to mitigate post-reproductive diseases. As far as natural selection is concerned, once you can't breed, you're useless.

As biological K-strategists, though, we get the respite of comparatively long lifespans. (However, some could argue that we've "broken" things by sabotaging the circumstances that made us K-selective in the first place, particularly a constant population competiting for resources, leading to overpopulation.) This has given us the chance to fix some of the things that nature doesn't care about, as DV mentioned. And I plan to take advantage of those fixes.

That's because you're one of the smart ones, Bruce!

If you look back in time, humans died younger than our grandparents because of infection, trauma and childbirth. Soap and water, clean drinking sources that are separate from sewage, antibiotics and (somewhat) surgical expertise have done more to improve human life spans than anything. All the "natural" medicines and unprocessed foods in the history of humanity did nothing to extend human life all that much after reaching reproductive age. Unless you believe the stories in the bible about those who lived into hundreds of years (in which case you probably believe a lot of unfounded things).