Are you Vegan Sexual?

GreenLight

Well, I've started yet another documentary. This one is on Vegansexuals. It would be great to get some feedback. I've already begun some on-camera interviews.

What would you not do with someone who is not vegetarian or vegan?

Would you not date him or her?

Would you not kiss him or her?

Would you not have sex with him or her?

Would you not do anything sexual with them? (I won't get graphic here in case minors or victorian school teachers are lurking)

If you met someone you like, but they are not vegetarian or vegan, how would you let them know how you are, and what options would you offer them if the relationship is to progress?

Oh, and what are your thoughts on using --- or not using --- vegan sex toys?

Do you have any stories to share about finding yourself in any of the above situations, and any advice on how others should handle them?

If anyone is willing to appear on camera for this documentary, please let me know.

NEvermind i read the post wrong. I'd rather date a health concious omni girl then a junk food, smoking drinking vegan girl. Oviously a healthly vegan girl would be best, but i'm just not into not health concious people. I feel like if i was dating a healthy omni girl i can get her to change her diet to a vegan diet

I feel like if i was dating a healthy omni girl i can get her to change her diet to a vegan diet

Problem is, people should never go into a relationship when they want to 'change' the person they would be with. It just leads to all kinds of trouble.

I'd like to be able to date all kinds of people, but I doubt I could be serious with someone who has such a blatant disregard for the life on this planet...

I feel like if i was dating a healthy omni girl i can get her to change her diet to a vegan diet

Problem is, people should never go into a relationship when they want to 'change' the person they would be with. It just leads to all kinds of trouble.

I'd like to be able to date all kinds of people, but I doubt I could be serious with someone who has such a blatant disregard for the life on this planet...

True, but i think it would be easier to change a non vegan health concious person then a Vegan junk food eater. There are alot of omni people that care about animals, but have the out of sight outta mind thing becasue there's a disconnect with where the food comes from. "if slaughter houses had glass walls every one would be veg" people just go to the store or resurant, but don't really think what happens for the food to get there. Then there are shit heads out there that flat out don't care.

I'm still trying to figure out what a Vegan junk food eater is. What junk food what a vegan eat? I've never met such a being.

True, but i think it would be easier to change a non vegan health concious person then a Vegan junk food eater. There are alot of omni people that care about animals, but have the out of sight outta mind thing becasue there's a disconnect with where the food comes from. "if slaughter houses had glass walls every one would be veg" people just go to the store or resurant, but don't really think what happens for the food to get there. Then there are shit heads out there that flat out don't care.

A Vegan Junk food eater is simple to understand. Take this example diet of a fictional Vegan I just made up.

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

Morning: Vegan Donuts and Coffee.

Lunch: Chips and Salsa. A Mocha-chino and a bag of cookies.

Dinner: Pasta deep fried on olive oil, cooked with tofu and lots of soy sauce. A side of deep fried french fries and a huge veggie burger.

Dessert: Vegan Ice Cream and Pie.

Snacks: Lollipops, cupcakes, cookies..ect.

That's what a Vegan junk food diet looks like. Being vegan doesn't automatically make something healthy.

As for the topic at hand. I would have to say yes. I am one. I don't think I could date/kiss/make love to a non-Vegan person. Course this is just how I feel now. But I stand strong by it.

I'm still trying to figure out what a Vegan junk food eater is. What junk food what a vegan eat? I've never met such a being.

Junk food vegans are very common as is junk food omni. 99 percent of the junk foods the average people eat are either vegan or you can get a vegan version. Meat is probably one of the healthier things in the average sad eaters diet. I talked to vegans that are convienced that since there diets are vegan it is healthy mean while there eatting Chinnese food, Coffee, white flower, soda, basically a all processed diet full of gmo's

What would you not do with someone who is not vegetarian or vegan?

Would you not date him or her?

Would you not kiss him or her?

Would you not have sex with him or her?

Would you not do anything sexual with them? (I won't get graphic here in case minors or victorian school teachers are lurking)

No, I wouldn't do any of those things, I am only interested in vegans

If you met someone you like, but they are not vegetarian or vegan, how would you let them know how you are, and what options would you offer them if the relationship is to progress?

There would be no relationship - to say that I "like them" is one thing, but for me to actually want a relationship with them, they'd have to be vegan in the first place, so it's not really a dilemma. If they asked me out, then I'd have to put it to them frankly, and I would just say it matter of fact - I only date vegans. And then I'd answer any further questions they had.

It may happen that it comes up in conversation somehow, so they'd know how I feel about dating. But either way, the only option open to them is to become vegan - because they think it is the right thing to do. If they became "vegan" just to impress me, I wouldn't be interested, and that isn't really veganism, that's just being fake. They'd have to share my ethics and philosophy.

Oh, and what are your thoughts on using --- or not using --- vegan sex toys?

I haven't really thought about it, I am not really interested in toys at all, but I'd use them on my partner if she was into it.

Do you have any stories to share about finding yourself in any of the above situations, and any advice on how others should handle them?

I had one girl ask me out, or at least tell me she was really into me, and she wasn't vegan. But the conversation was such that no explanation was required, so I didn't need to say anything. But also there were many other reasons I didn't want to date her.

I'd advise being totally honest with people if it comes up. If it doesn't come up, I don't think it's necessary to bring it up, because it can feel like an unnecessary slap in the face. But if you do bring it up, I'd suggest talking about it as an aspect of yourself, rather than an aspect of them. So don't say "I wouldn't date you because of XYZ" instead I'd say "I'm only interested in vegans" etc, so the focus isn't negatively on them.

I'd be willing to answer any further questions in detail, no problem. I doubt I could appear on camera for you though as I am in Britain.

I like the idea of interviewing vegans. I think it would be nice to add other relationship issues too, such as the problems that are created with family and friends, workmates/jobs, social issues, and generally, getting through an omni world as a vegan. Hopefully, done tastefully and seriously,though

Very good idea, GreenLight

Richard, you could always make a video answering questions that GreenLight sends you. Even a phone interview. Or maybe a friend interviewing you with questions from GreenLight. I like that, too! Getting various views from Vegans around the world.

Let us know how it goes, GreenLight. I'd love a dvd/video of this! Would make a good doc for public tv here in the U.S., perhaps.

Well if I were a young man looking for love, there would be a fair amount of traits I would be willing to accept. Good women are hard to come by, irregardless of diet. After all vegan and animal rights folks are not the norm.

Lets face it people in relationships change. If people are force to think about these thing intelligently, eventually common sense and emotions will eventually win out. But most people avoid these issues and shield their emotions, because it is most often easiest.

That's a good point. Bring it up as something about you, rather than about them. I recently read a quote from Ingrid Newkirk about this topic. She said whenever someone she knows tells her that their boyfriend is now veg*n she tells them "Good job! Now find another!" (or something like that. I thought that was kind of funny. After all, no use preaching to the choir, right? Imagine if some guy or girl made that their mission? Dating as many people as possible just to convert them to veg*ism! Of course no one would really do that, but it would be a funny --- and dedicated --- form of advocacy!

That's a good point. Bring it up as something about you, rather than about them. I recently read a quote from Ingrid Newkirk about this topic. She said whenever someone she knows tells her that their boyfriend is now veg*n she tells them "Good job! Now find another!" (or something like that. I thought that was kind of funny. After all, no use preaching to the choir, right? Imagine if some guy or girl made that their mission? Dating as many people as possible just to convert them to veg*ism! Of course no one would really do that, but it would be a funny --- and dedicated --- form of advocacy!

Wow, a junk food vegan. I know what you are saying, but ..... considering being vegan is a lifestyle AND a diet, I just can't picture it. What's next? A Raw Junk Food Vegan? That might be dipping carrots in vegan chocolate?

A Vegan Junk food eater is simple to understand. Take this example diet of a fictional Vegan I just made up.

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

Dinner: Pasta deep fried on olive oil, cooked with tofu and lots of soy sauce. A side of deep fried french fries and a huge veggie burger.

That's what a Vegan junk food diet looks like. Being vegan doesn't automatically make something healthy.

As for the topic at hand. I would have to say yes. I am one. I don't think I could date/kiss/make love to a non-Vegan person. Course this is just how I feel now. But I stand strong by it.

Wow, a junk food vegan. I know what you are saying, but ..... considering being vegan is a lifestyle AND a diet, I just can't picture it. What's next? A Raw Junk Food Vegan? That might be dipping carrots in vegan chocolate?

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

Dr. V. Egan

Diet

No offense to the original author, but I think "vegansexual" is one of the dumbest, demeaning, terms manufactured by a bored media. Maybe a close second is the term "cougar".

I 100% agree! I also dislike CONSCIOUS CREATIVE and GENERATION X, GENERATION Y, etc.

I'll probably call the documentary VEGAN SEX or something like that. After all, it does need to be marketed in such a way so it appeals to a lot of people. I think from a social and cultural standpoint, this can be very interesting to a lot of people. Especially if Vegans who are this way are disciplined about it.

No offense to the original author, but I think "vegansexual" is one of the dumbest, demeaning, terms manufactured by a bored media. Maybe a close second is the term "cougar".

I 100% agree! I also dislike CONSCIOUS CREATIVE and GENERATION X, GENERATION Y, etc.

I'll probably call the documentary VEGAN SEX or something like that. After all, it does need to be marketed in such a way so it appeals to a lot of people. I think from a social and cultural standpoint, this can be very interesting to a lot of people. Especially if Vegans who are this way are disciplined about it.

I like the idea of interviewing vegans. I think it would be nice to add other relationship issues too, such as the problems that are created with family and friends, workmates/jobs, social issues, and generally, getting through an omni world as a vegan. Hopefully, done tastefully and seriously,though

Very good idea, GreenLight

Richard, you could always make a video answering questions that GreenLight sends you. Even a phone interview. Or maybe a friend interviewing you with questions from GreenLight. I like that, too! Getting various views from Vegans around the world.

Let us know how it goes, GreenLight. I'd love a dvd/video of this! Would make a good doc for public tv here in the U.S., perhaps.

Great idea! Anyone who would like to make a video of themselves answering questions would be fine with me, as long as the audio is good. Anyone interested is welcome to send me a PM.

A junk food vegan is extremely easy to be. A vegan diet is simply no animal products , so that leaves just about every junk food or a alternative to that junk food. IT's a whole nother game to be a health concious vegan. ANd it's actually possible to be a raw junk food eater( though many raw people would aruge other wise) Many raw foodist eat 70 percent of there calories for fat. even though much healthier fat then what most eat, still a major problem. And on top of that eat massive amounts of stimuliants like Cocoa(which many raw foodist are addicted too but say it's becasue it's so healthy). Then they do alot of oils, agave neckter and a bunch of processed foods that claim to be raw.