Work not going so well...Economy.

RAINRA

Friends and some family are getting laid off. Basically everyone I know working in the car factorys can't sleep. I don't work at all since I'm studying full time. But I'm trying to get a summer job and that is a lot harder then usually.

I got laid off last week due to the financial crisis

I'm a bit worried about my ability to find new work as all my experience is in a very specialized area that is highly sought after in boom times but considered an expensive luxury in this current economic climate.

Well I am doing what I can to keep my work afloat. I am trying to help them find freelance work and bigger contracts. I am just a 3d animator but I going out of my way to see if I can find work for them so that they can stay afloat. Economy is as bad as people want it to be. I think we need to all be positive and live our lives smart but relaxed. If more of us were less scared maybe the world would not be hurting so badly. Skepticism is a big part of it.

The Realtor company next door is almost out of business. They moved in 6 months ago.

I think before I felt I had to have one field for a career but now I think anything as long as I am happy and I earn money is nice. Maybe this is the push I need to get my butt moving in the right direction. Maybe comfortable is a dead end.

I've been unemployed for 6 months.. I'm living off my common law husband. I'm very depressed because I've applied to several jobs and heard nothing from anyone. I'm in debt from Christmas and flat broke. I had to apply for interest relief for my student loans again.

*sigh* and of course, when yer depressed, you are given antidepressants.. Those cost a lotta money too! A lot of times when I'm feeling bummed I'll go hang out with my niece. She's so cute. She's trying to say "Auntie" but it just comes out "Ahhh!"

I hope things start looking up soon.

Know the feeling. Still lucky enough to have two jobs, down from my three.. Apparently in this state you can fire someone for not wanting to scrump... Lovely right... Anyways, do have two jobs which keeps me working just over full time anywhere from 50 - 70 hours a week.... However, it definately doesnt mean Im not completely broke!!! And Im not longer working in my profession of choice... So yeah the economy sucks!

Now I am looking for something stable and can be in any of these categories

Multimedia (web, graphics etc...)

Fitness (no certified but would like to be)

Green Jobs

Nutrition

Any D.C. Area peeps got any leads I would really appreciate it!

Now I am looking for something stable and can be in any of these categories

Multimedia (web, graphics etc...)

Fitness (no certified but would like to be)

Green Jobs

Nutrition

Any D.C. Area peeps got any leads I would really appreciate it!

Wishing you much luck Dude.

Change is what you make it.

I've been laided off 3 times in my life just because of slumping economy.

Now adays thing are much less permanent. Your young so this fact should figure into your future strategy for job security and procurement.

I wish everyone that has been laid off as a result of the GFC the best of Luck.

Like VeganJoe I have been laid off 3 times in my life as well (I'm 32!) so I really do know what you are going through.

Use this time to take a deep breath and get everything up to date, it is the perfect time to get yourself a Killer C.V.

I've moved to working in Government, sure the money isn't as good, but it is stable and the hours let you have a life.

This time I am going with my insticts. I am probably going to get into the fitness industry even if the start and pay is low. I need to be healthy and help others. Maybe convince a few to eat less meat and eventually go vegan. Doing graphics is a great hobby of mine but when it is work I don't feel that is so much fun. Maybe my pation will come back.

Right now for you and others it's all about the psycology of the layoff.

There is that whole battle about self worth, not to mention practically everthing in your life.

So it's foremost that you know you are a valuable person, and this is true weather you want to believe it or not. We are all valuable beings.

Wish you well on your journey, and remember everything you know and are, is of valuable in your pursuit.

Joe