4500 calories

Apple juice, canned or bottled, unsweetened, without added ascorbic acid

5.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Apples, raw, with skin [includes USDA commodity food A343]

2.0 x 1 extra small (2-1/2" dia) (101g)

Bananas, raw

2.0 x 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (118g)

Broccoli, frozen, chopped, unprepared

2.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram), mature seeds, raw

1.2 x 100 grams (100g)

Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened

1.5 x 1 tbsp (5g)

Dates, deglet noor

2.0 x 1 ounce (28g)

Flaxseed oil

1.5 x 1 tbsp (14g)

Lentils, raw

1.2 x 100 grams (100g)

Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw

1.0 x 1 cup shredded (47g)

Nuts, almonds [includes USDA commodity food A256, A264]

1.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Nuts, coconut meat, dried (desiccated), not sweetened

1.0 x 1 ounce (28g)

Nuts, coconut milk, canned (liquid expressed from grated meat and water)

1.7 x 1 cup (226g)

Oranges, raw, Florida

1.0 x 1 fruit (2-5/8" dia) (141g)

Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt

1.1 x 100 grams (100g)

Seeds, flaxseed

2.5 x 1 tbsp, whole (10g)

Soy protein isolate

3.2 x 1 ounce (28g)

Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared

1.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Squash, summer, zucchini, includes skin, raw

2.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Protein: 209 grams

Fat: 252 grams

Carbs: 443 (127 is fiber) grams

Total Omega-3 fatty acids~17731mg Total Omega-6 fatty acids~38220mg

All minerals are over 100% of DV except selenium (85%) and sodium (70% but I think that's an upper limit). All vitamins are good too except b12 and vitamin D which is supplement. Except for all this I also take EAA, BCAA, Creatine and some other amino acid stuff.

The weird thing about this meal plan is that I can acctually eat it without much problems and it's 4500 kcal which kind of freaks me out. I will probably add some whole grains to get the selenium and maybe remove some almonds or something. I know protein% is really low but the amount is still pretty high. This is similar to what I have been eating (but veganique instead of soy protein) the past months except I ate more grains and no almonds. I haven't included all of the veggies because they are different from day to day. Does anyone have any great suggestions to improve this? I've checked everything twice because the calorie amount is so high but I can't find anything inaccurate.

more protein isolate!

no seriously dude. 250gr fat and only 209gr protein? if the carbs would be much lower then i would say it's ok but not like this (at least if it would be my meal plan). why so many nuts and no tofu or tvp? why not mixing it with seitan to some low-fat, low-carb whole protein?

but i remember you saying that you need a lot of fat to gain and since every person is different this meal plan could be ok for you.

and you said 3000cals are pretty much, you liar.

more protein isolate!

no seriously dude. 250gr fat and only 209gr protein? if the carbs would be much lower then i would say it's ok but not like this (at least if it would be my meal plan). why so many nuts and no tofu or tvp? why not mixing it with seitan to some low-fat, low-carb whole protein?

but i remember you saying that you need a lot of fat to gain and since every person is different this meal plan could be ok for you.

and you said 3000cals are pretty much, you liar.

Well I do not need more protein than 200+ grams plus the amino acids I'm consuming (around 20 grams of BCAA, 15 of EAA and some other shit) so I do not see any need to increase the isolate

I know that the fat is high, and I was really shocked when I saw it was higher than the protein but it's because of all the nuts and the coconut milk that I take before bed. Medium chain triglycerides have been proven to have numerous of positive effects on health and doesn't easily get stored as fat in the body apperently and around 100 grams of my fats are MCT, then there's almost 60 grams of n-3 and n-6 which isn't too bad either. I know it's still calories but I don't see it as a biggie.

The reason I'm not consuming any TVP or tofu is simply that I already consume a lot of soy protein as isolate. I know you're crazy about soy but I prefer my protein coming from multiple sources. Seitan is a pretty heavily processed food and since I already eat protein isolate, a little flax oil and apple juice I want the rest of my calories to come from whole foods. Besides, it seems as though I need the calories.

And dude I swear that I did not think I was even near 3500 calories, but I've always been bad at estiating stuff.

and what about rice and oats dude??

I'm trying to not consume too much grains at the moment to see how my stomach can handle it. If I feel I need to lower my calories or do higher carb I will replace my almond breakfast with good ole swedish oatmeal. I try to buy more local or at least european food so I don't eat rice very much, I eat whole oats instead if I feel like it

Looks awesome!

Is dried coconut meat readily available over there? I had a craving for the stuff a week ago and wasn't able to find it around here. All I could find was coconut milk, coconut water, and sweetened shredded coconut.

Thanks man! I used nutritiondata to do this and I acctually do not know what the different coconut products mean. The one I choose had a similar macro breakdown to what I eat but it's just shredded (unsweetned) coconut. I love coconut too though and when I get cravings and the shit isn't around I go crazy.

Apple juice, canned or bottled, unsweetened, without added ascorbic acid

5.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Apples, raw, with skin [includes USDA commodity food A343]

2.0 x 1 extra small (2-1/2" dia) (101g)

Bananas, raw

2.0 x 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (118g)

Broccoli, frozen, chopped, unprepared

2.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram), mature seeds, raw

1.2 x 100 grams (100g)

Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened

1.5 x 1 tbsp (5g)

Dates, deglet noor

2.0 x 1 ounce (28g)

Flaxseed oil

1.5 x 1 tbsp (14g)

Lentils, raw

1.2 x 100 grams (100g)

Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw

1.0 x 1 cup shredded (47g)

Nuts, almonds [includes USDA commodity food A256, A264]

1.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Nuts, coconut meat, dried (desiccated), not sweetened

1.0 x 1 ounce (28g)

Nuts, coconut milk, canned (liquid expressed from grated meat and water)

1.7 x 1 cup (226g)

Oranges, raw, Florida

1.0 x 1 fruit (2-5/8" dia) (141g)

Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt

1.1 x 100 grams (100g)

Seeds, flaxseed

2.5 x 1 tbsp, whole (10g)

Soy protein isolate

3.2 x 1 ounce (28g)

Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared

1.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Squash, summer, zucchini, includes skin, raw

2.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Protein: 209 grams

Fat: 252 grams

Carbs: 443 (127 is fiber) grams

Total Omega-3 fatty acids~17731mg Total Omega-6 fatty acids~38220mg

All minerals are over 100% of DV except selenium (85%) and sodium (70% but I think that's an upper limit). All vitamins are good too except b12 and vitamin D which is supplement. Except for all this I also take EAA, BCAA, Creatine and some other amino acid stuff.

The weird thing about this meal plan is that I can acctually eat it without much problems and it's 4500 kcal which kind of freaks me out. I will probably add some whole grains to get the selenium and maybe remove some almonds or something. I know protein% is really low but the amount is still pretty high. This is similar to what I have been eating (but veganique instead of soy protein) the past months except I ate more grains and no almonds. I haven't included all of the veggies because they are different from day to day. Does anyone have any great suggestions to improve this? I've checked everything twice because the calorie amount is so high but I can't find anything inaccurate.

I am not a fan of saturated fats so I would remove the coconut and replace it with whole grains and potatoes (white or orange flesh). You'll get more nutrients for the calories this way and you won't be ingesting unessential fats. You could also remove either the almonds or peanuts for a better omega 6:3 ratio. I realize that high fat foods are a quick and easy way to increase calories but I don't know if such a high fat diet is good for a clean bulk. IMO, if you are looking to put on muscle then eat what your muscles can use - carbs and protein with a little fat. You are only eating 2,600 calories in carb/protein or less - 2,100 if you subtract fiber. Your fat calories are about 2,260. If you replace half of those fat calories with carbs and protein you will also be increasing your vitamin and mineral intake - which you may need more of in an anabolic state. Just some thoughts.

Good luck with the bulking!

Thanks for the thoughts DV, we are thinking in the same way honestly but there are are a few reasons I've chosen this way. When I'm bulking the biggest problem is my stomach and the fiber, if I would replace the coconut milk with whole grains I would get enormous amounts of fiber which I really don't want. Beans, nuts, fruits and veggies are okay for my belly but the insoluble fibers in whole grains are killing me, oats is basically the only I handle well while bulking. The reason why I chose coconut milk instead of nuts/seeds is the mct fats which is supposed to be good but mostly that I don't want to screw up my n3/n6 ratio completely. I don't want to eat carbs right before bed and the coconut milk is really good as a night meal. What I can do is basically replace the almond breakfast with oatmeal (but I don't know where the protein would come from) and move the almonds to my night snack insted of the coconut milk. However that will be a while cause I stocked up on coconut milk

I think my mineral and vitamin intake is anabolic enough, most of the minerals were 300% of RDI except selenium and sodium that was below 100%, calcium was like 150%.

Looks pretty good to me. Johan, have you heard of Cron-O-Meter? If you do a search for it, you can download it for free. It will break down all your nutrients automatically. You just have to put in the amounts. I love using it to analyze my diet.

Yeah I acctually have it on my computer, I've used it in the past. I might start doing it again

I have to say that really is a ing amount of fat.

You're just jealous

I completely understand the fiber issue. I couldn't handle more than 3,500 calories myself. As for coconut milk and MCT, I think it's way overhyped. The amount of MCT is too small to negate the effect of the massive amount of saturated fat you need to ingest with it. Just my thoughts.

If you can't eat all whole foods because of the bulking issue, why not add refined carbs rather than refined fats? You could add pasta or bread with varying amounts of whole or refined grain. But if eating higher fat works for you then go for it.

Either way, keep lifting HEAVY!

I agree with DV on MCTs being overhyped.

On top of refined grains as DV suggested, have you tried eating potatoes or sweet potatoes without the skin? About half the fiber is in the skin and there is more soluble than insoluble fiber in both types. Corn is pretty low in fiber, 2/3 of it being soluble. Barley has a decent amount of soluble fiber.

Getting some garbanzo flour (besan) and making lots of falafels might be a good idea. Getting calories from them would be easier than eating "wet" beans, since the calorie density of dry cooked ones is much higher. You can actually make some decent pancakes and other flatbread type items from besan.

Sorry if you have tried all this already, just throwing some stuff out there.

MCT is def being overhyped, no doubt, it's just a little better than long chain sat fats.

I've acctually been eating the potatoes with skin lately, I love eating potatoes because I can get them cheap, organic and locally grown so I might try that. Corn is way too expensive here (I know you guys can't understand this ) to use as a carb staple. I eat it sometimes with beans and lentils in tomato/peanut stuff.

Haha, yeah, it is hard for an American to grasp the idea of corn being expensive somewhere else; especially if you are like me and you can't walk twenty feet without wandering into a cornfield.

How does lots of rice or oat milk work for you? Lots of the fiber is lost in the production of those.

Also, have you tried downing a bit of ginger after a meal? I learned to scoop in in a measuring spoon, drop it far back in your and then chase it with water from beforewisdom. He takes it every morning for its anti-inflammatory properties, but taking a smaller amount (a teaspoon or so) at a time, during or after meals, helps immensely with stomach upset and gas. You can also blend as good of a size chunk as you can tolerate of fresh ginger root (you can freeze it beforehand) with some citrus juice and sweetener. It makes a nice, spicy, gingeraide type drink. Fennel is also great for gas and such. You can make the whole seeds into tea or down it ground up in a clump like ginger.