The new pope is evil. I have proof. *disclaimer added*

sinisterkungfu

I have actually met a group of three religious vegans...and ironically they were huge assholes. I hung out with them once, then promptly went and dug a hole and buried myself in it.

Yeah pretty crummy. I've met some jerks like that too. Although, on the other hand where I grew up in Longwood/Altamonte FL, there is a large 7th Day Adventist community, and most of them are vegetarian. They opened the first health food store in the area, and back in the early 90s I learned a lot about food from them from going to some vegetarian BBQs they hosted. They never gave me a hard time about religion or anything

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]Yeah I agree. When vegans go around screaming bloody murder all the time it just makes most people think we're nuts

No kidding! We can definitely agree on that.

I disagree though, that challenging christianity is going to work against veganism in the US. People who are not willing to challenge ALL of their own personal beliefs and see if they hold up to logic and common sense, aren't likely to become vegans. Not to say they will abandon their christian beliefs, not at all. But people who have challenged their own beliefs will be open to the challenges of others, they will not be put off by vegans just because some vegans may challenge their religious beliefs.

Aside from that, being vegan isn't joining a club, you don't have to agree with all of the "members". Are christians going to stop eating meat because there are a lot of meat-eating atheists in the world? Makes just as much sense!

can you please download a grammar/spell check script? your posts are doing my head in.

Umm apparently it doesnt take much to do your head in, does it.

ya I know, I really need that checker. Shouldn't "of" dropped out of highschool. Maybe you can teach me how to type "gooder."

Edited by compassionategirl

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

1 cup Barb wire, 1 cup herbal tea (organic)

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

2 cups dried Barb wire, 1 tomato.

Snack:

Nothing. Just punched myself in the face a few times.

Dinner:

3 newly born babies (vegan, of course).

Night snack:

5 onions, 8 lemons (trying to go raw).

what cracks me up is that so many other people here have pretty much told him "why do you always have to be such an ass" and he still keeps pissing on people. makes you wonder.

Are you just "misunderstood" Jza? Because if that's the case, I can certainly relate.

There - I proofread this post just for you. Wouldn't want to do your head in.

I am so damn misunderstood. I think I am going to change that to my sig quote.

Edited by compassionategirl

CG you could move to Oregon. Apparently there's a lot of us here.

I've only got one close mate that's vegan.

Done! Pencil me in!!! Seriously, I'm certainly moving AWAY from Toronto next year, it is just a matter of Cali or somewhere else where I dont have to frickin freeze to death in the winter and boil to death in the summer!

Pittsburgh isn't too far from Toronto! You could stop in for a visit after I get settled. Veganmadre is already there and Wannalift. Tyler is planning a visit. Could be quite the vegan "shindig".

Even if I dont always agree with him Jza has some valid opinions, and I like his tattoo. haha.

I think i'll move to Oregon too...once I get my degree and figure out what the hell I am going to do with my life besides send myself to Ocean Robbins camp and singlehandedly saving the rainforest like chrysta on ferngully....

ohhhhhh i said hell on the pope thread....

doesnt someone want to come over and make me some lentil curry???

Done! Pencil me in!!! Seriously, I'm certainly moving AWAY from Toronto next year, it is just a matter of Cali or somewhere else where I dont have to frickin freeze to death in the winter and boil to death in the summer!

Pittsburgh isn't too far from Toronto! You could stop in for a visit after I get settled. Veganmadre is already there and Wannalift. Tyler is planning a visit. Could be quite the vegan "shindig".

Sounds awesome. I'm there. But when will you be all settled and everything?

I'm all about the "shindigs". But only if Jza comes.

Even if I dont always agree with him Jza has some valid opinions, and I like his tattoo. haha.

Are you trying to tell me that I should type less recklessly too?

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Are yuo trying tell me i shood type less reklesly to?

Oh, and dont worry, I say either "hell" or "damn" in just about all my posts.

Sounds awesome. I'm there. But when will you be all settled and everything?

I'm all about the "shindigs". But only if Jza comes.

I should be there in just a few weeks. I'll let you know as soon as any "shindigs" are planned. And, if Jza wants to fly in...

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Night snack:

what cracks me up is that so many other people here have pretty much told him "why do you always have to be such an ass" and he still keeps pissing on people. makes you wonder.

Are you just "misunderstood" Jza? Because if that's the case, I can certainly relate.

i think he just doesnt get enough attention at home. Jza needs a hug. Come to mama Jzazzy...

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Night snack:

i think he just doesnt get enough attention at home. Jza needs a hug. Come to mama Jzazzy...

oh well in that case I can give him a hug too, and anybody else who needs/wants one.

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Night snack:

That's what I like about Jza. Concistensy http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-082.gif

Jonathan, as you know I was in Scotland in 2004. A few days ago I was talking with a girl who traveled all around Europe, much like I did, but she was backpacking, I was on a ship. She had much more time in each place.

She mentioned one of her favorite places in Europe was Edinburgh.

Maybe I'll make it out there someday

We have have a freaky vein contest like you recently had with Alex.