Science Fiction

JW

FINALLY!!! I finished watching Battlestar Gallactica

I'm sorry it had to end but I think they did a great job tying it all together.

One of my absolute favourite series of all time

I concur. I've watched the finale over several times. I thought it was a master piece. I don't get why so many people didn't like it.

• 2 weeks later...
Galactica was definitely an awesome show.

Caprica looks like it should be pretty good too, judging by the pilot.

I totally missed hearing about this, when did it aire? Anyone know where I can find a copy?

It didn't air. The pilot was released on DVD. Netflix and Blockbuster both have it.

Warehouse 13 looks like it's going to be pretty good too. Sort of X-Files meets Friday the 13th: The Series with a bunch of steampunk toys thrown in.

Yep. I watched it and liked it, even if it was a little more soap opera than sci-fi.

I finally learned why the Cylons were "born again Christians" .

I hope the producers flesh out the culture and the BSG universe.

It would be interesting to know why that culture never explored space and if they ever came across "aliens".

I loved firefly and serenity. I read a lot of Asimov and enjoy Heinlein and Philip K. Dick as well. The sci fi genre has a lot of messages that resonate with me. You guys into more dystopic stuff like Ghost in the Shell or a novel called We written by some russian person...great novel. The Novel Parable of a Sower by Octavia Butler is also a fav of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Sci-fi is awesome. It’s the reason I love to read, write, draw, basically the reason I love anything that has to do with being creative and my imagination. Jules Verne and H.G. Wells have been two of my favorite authors since before I could read. If there’s a new alien-centric show I’ll gladly give it a chance. Indie flick about the future or someone with special abilities? I’m in! One of the things that I think is so great about sci-fi is that it crosses so many other genres that if done well it makes a great impact. It really makes you think. I really enjoyed Serenity, but have failed to see a single episode of Firefly ... just another thing on my to do list.

Lately I’ve been really into classic films and have an exhaustive list of classic sci-fi films I hope to watch before school starts up again. Then there are those cheesy B movies that I always enjoy ...

Oh! I’m also a big comic book junkie; fantasy, sci-fi, horror, adventure, romance, mystery and all that good stuff!

Sci-fi is awesome. It’s the reason I love to read, write, draw, basically the reason I love anything that has to do with being creative and my imagination. Jules Verne and H.G. Wells have been two of my favorite authors since before I could read. If there’s a new alien-centric show I’ll gladly give it a chance. Indie flick about the future or someone with special abilities? I’m in! One of the things that I think is so great about sci-fi is that it crosses so many other genres that if done well it makes a great impact. It really makes you think. I really enjoyed Serenity, but have failed to see a single episode of Firefly ... just another thing on my to do list.

Lately I’ve been really into classic films and have an exhaustive list of classic sci-fi films I hope to watch before school starts up again. Then there are those cheesy B movies that I always enjoy ...

Oh! I’m also a big comic book junkie; fantasy, sci-fi, horror, adventure, romance, mystery and all that good stuff!

that really sums up why I love Sci Fi too!

what is it about bad sci fi that is so entertaining?

just watched the Watchmen again last night.

I find this movie to be absolutely addicting.

They went a bit overboard with the violence at times but the characters are just incredible. I go for days thinking about that flic after watching it.

I love Sci Fi shows, but I feel like there's not much left since Trek imploded and Stargate ended... I completely missed the boat with Galactica so I have to go rent or borrow those.

Anything good on TV now? I'm watching Eureka which is quirky but fun. Sanctuary is ok but hasn't held my interest. Looking forward to Stargate Universe.

I love Sci Fi shows, but I feel like there's not much left since Trek imploded and Stargate ended... I completely missed the boat with Galactica so I have to go rent or borrow those.

Anything good on TV now? I'm watching Eureka which is quirky but fun. Sanctuary is ok but hasn't held my interest. Looking forward to Stargate Universe.

Warehouse 13 is pretty good.

Fringe started out slow but got good. Waiting for the next season.

• 2 months later...

This season and probably one more.

I think my generation and the gen after me has a much easier time accepting product placement in TV. I don't mind because I know in real life people would realistically be using those products. Now if SG-U was advertising for colgate or somesuch, that might be a bit more annoying.