builder bars, too much choclate

I was fortunate to find a whole bunch of cliff builder bars from at my local GNC that are expiring soon. Lucky because that meant they were only 50 scents each

Here is the problem though. They are all the chocolate clif bars and in my opinion have way too much chocolate. I have noticed that I can peel the chocolate off the top of them though. Do you guys think I am loosing any of the protein by doing this? I assume all the protein is in the crispy part of the bar but I may be wrong. Does anyone know if there is protein in the actual chocolate layer?

Thanks guys.

Too much chocolate....? That doesn't compute.

Awesome deal on the bars though, that's such a great price!

I agree. I doubt the chocolate layer has any substantial protein though. If you let them melt a bit I am sure the chocolate layer will come off although I don't know way you would want to do that.

Actually chocolate does have quite a bit of protein. Also, I think those bars are mainly meant for bulking... I think it's waste of food to peel the chocolate off.

http://www.cacaoweb.net/nutrition.html Here's some nutritional info.

I REALLY wish I could find Builders at that price. If I order a bulk pack, they cost at least 2.10€ ($2.90) each. And that means I have to order at least 10 boxes (120 bars) including shipping & other stuff.

Bars should only be used in emergency situations when you're in a jam (i.e. RARELY). Whole foods are much better... at the least pre-making a shake is better then bars.

Yep.

I eat them on rare occassion only when I have one of my major dizzy moments and leave home without my protein shake or meal.

Bars should only be used in emergency situations when you're in a jam (i.e. RARELY). Whole foods are much better... at the least pre-making a shake is better then bars.

i eat 2 or 3 larabars a day, and/or sometimes a couple organic food bars. youre saying this is unhealthy? there's only a couple ingredients in them, and it helps me get in more calories.

The problem is I work at a summer sleep away camp. The meals hey serve here are hardly vegan friendly. I eat what I can and try to have some of my own food on the side to make it through the day. While I agree that bars are not the best thing, it is all I can really do here.