BIGGEST VEGAN BBer

I am far from the biggest....I call myself "one of the little guys" as I even referred to myself as in California at a festival this weekend when talking about Vegan Bodybuilding.

We all have different definitions of "bodybuilder."

I consider a "bodybuilder" to be someone who has already competed on stage....many would not agree with me...but as a competitive bodybuilder, I have my reasons for that type of labeling......

I often refer to Ryan Wilson, 250-270lb strongman when I talk about BIG vegan athletes...in fact I mentioned him this weekend in CA as well.

I really have not idea who the "biggest" is of the competitive vegan bodybuilders...but I discover vegan bodybuilders all the time, many who aren't even online...and there are likely some heavyweights out there who are quite large...most of us right now compete in Middleweight or lower as far as I know.

Good question and I'm sure as it get discussed more, we'll get more and more people showing up out of the woodwork who are large and in charge.

There are many large vegan athletes here, muscular over 200-lb vegan athletes...but from all kinds of sports, not competitive bodybuilding. Those of us on stage tend to be around 150-190lbs.

Here in Italy generally people calls "culturista" a guy training his muscles with weights.

The question about competitions is a detail more,frequently asked.

I seen Ryan Wilson on google and he is big!

I dont understand why there are still dietologist affirming that

vegan diets dont build mass.

Note:I have edited because I wrong the google search before.

I consider a "bodybuilder" to be someone who has already competed on stage....many would not agree with me...but as a competitive bodybuilder, I have my reasons for that type of labeling......

I'm not sure what you mean by "having reasons" for those labels, other than to make it a more exclusive group

I think the terms "competitive bodybuilder" and "recreational bodybuilder" are indeed what you are looking for.

There are many people out there who want to build their body for aesthetic reasons but (understandably imo) have no interest in competitive bodybuilding. To refuse to call them bodybuilders seems churlish to me.

Regarding big vegan athletes in general, Jonathan who posts on here and more regularly on VF was 6'8, 280lbs+ at one point.

I'm not sure what you mean by "having reasons" for those labels, other than to make it a more exclusive group

I think the terms "competitive bodybuilder" and "recreational bodybuilder" are indeed what you are looking for.

There are many people out there who want to build their body for aesthetic reasons but (understandably imo) have no interest in competitive bodybuilding. To refuse to call them bodybuilders seems churlish to me.

Regarding big vegan athletes in general, Jonathan who posts on here and more regularly on VF was 6'8, 280lbs+ at one point.

I just mean that "bodybuilder" to me means someone who competes as a bodybuilder...just as a marathon runner would be someone who competes in marathons rather than someone who runs long distances....they wouldn't call themselves marathon runners.

I know what you mean though...just like people use "weight lifter" though they don't compete....but then again...they wouldn't call themselves "strongmen" or anything like that but use "weight lifter" because that describes their actions.

I say I have my own reasons because I believe there is a big difference between lifting weights and competing as a bodybuilder...it's a whole other world that is unique to those who have been through it. I pressed 300 pounds today for chest...but I'm not a strong man because that's not what I do.

Yeah, I was going to point out the same thing....someone like Ryan Wilson is far bigger........I think the term "Bodybuilder" isn't what we're looking for (if I'm guessing correctly), but rather, "who is the biggest vegan?"

I think that is the question that is really being asked and Ryan is definitely up there. There are quite a few large vegans out there from lots of different sports.

Some of you will recall my vegan friend who is local here in Oregon but not online and nearly set a world record in deadlift. I watched him compete in person....there are tons of large vegans, not all of us are on the internet though.

I travel 20 weekends out of the year and meet vegan bodybuilders and vegan athletes all over who are far bigger than me but just don't happen to get online much.....and that is too bad because of the influence they could be having the difference they could be making

It's still unfortunate on the global scale based on the influence they could be having.....everyone has the right to live their own life and do their own thing...it's just a shame when highly influential people in dramatically positive ways choose not contribute on productive ways.

I see your point..but in the bigger picture I still think there are benefits to wanting to contribute.

.and that is too bad because of the influence they could be having the difference they could be making

Maybe they don't want to "make a difference".

Maybe they just want to live their life and be.

Good points Robert and Josh. It would make a huge difference in dispelling myths about athletic performance and plant-based diets. At the same time, some people don't want to be theeee poster child for a "minority" group.