Vegans loose non vegan friends....

RAINRA

Have you ever encountered any situation like this. In which you knew people in the past or you were good friends with them and now because your vegan or they find out your vegan and because they don't understand veganism they decide not to continue talking to you because it is too strange and you look like a odd ball. Well am starting to see that people I have know now find out that I am vegan and feel a need not to talk to me about things anymore. Interesting how things are. Good friends will always be around if they are your true friends. The friends I am talking about are people who were my really good friends growing up. Thanks to places like facebook I have been able to keep in touch with them. I am proud of veganism and prefer it to bad friends.

Nope. Not a problem for me. I think it's because I'm not a dickhead and don't shove my beliefs in other people's faces.

I'm not at all saying you do, but I have seen some people post on Facebook whining about how their friends and families don't talk to them anymore while they are starting shit with other people in another thread.

People are amazed that Im vegan and have the physique I do and will power I have not to eat crap and meat. Its really bad if your friends arent accepting of your ways and want to quit being your friend. Just goes to show that they really arent your friends Rain! Dont worry bout it too much. Im here for ya.

No I am not a debater or a pusher. You do what you want! I could careless if you want to eat bad food. I think that people are weirded out about it specially if they are not following a healthy lifestyle. They feel threatened. Oh well ... On the most part I am not getting people who I would never imagine ask me how I got cut like I did and loose weight. Which is very positive news. !

Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate it. it goes both ways!

I've never had that problem. My friends don't have a problem with my veganism. I have had co-workers and the like (people I have no choice but to be around) give me a little bit of a hard time about it (some teasing) but that's all. My actual friends go out of their way to be accommodating.

No I am not a debater or a pusher. You do what you want! I could careless if you want to eat bad food. I think that people are weirded out about it specially if they are not following a healthy lifestyle. They feel threatened. Oh well ... On the most part I am not getting people who I would never imagine ask me how I got cut like I did and loose weight. Which is very positive news. !

Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate it. it goes both ways!

I think some people feel threatened because they think we are judging them. I don't judge my non-vegan friends and family.. If they have questions about my diet I answer them fully and enthusiastically. I want to show them how fun and easy being a vegan is and they're more likely to try out some of my recipes!

I've made some tasty vegan desserts that were a bigger hit at parties and get togethers than the non-vegan ones!

No I am total opposite. I am always positive and energetic.. healthy fit... you name it... That is my angle...

Negativity equals isolation....

Got to be positive! Just saying it sucks when people who you knew kinda think veganism as a odd ball crazy gone off the deap end thing.

I've had friends I lost (not due to me being vegan, not that I know of anyhow) but those friends did give me crap when I went vegan (well even when I went veg) One friend was always like, "it's the food chain!" I always thought if that's the case why aren't you out there killing your food...hmmm. maybe it's better to hang out with those that don't give you crap and understand you

I think I'm the opposite to you! I don't find that my old friends abandon me..I just can't stand their ignorant attitude and I can't stand to watch people eating meat and saying "its a shame you can't try this it's delicious!" over and over again!

In the end i loose my rag and tell them "Yep, I'd love to try some of that rotting corpse you have there you fat fucker! Maybe we could BBQ your dog for supper"

I am rather direct though, and known for speaking my mind so its no wonder I don't have many non-vegan friends left but good riddance to the ignorant dicks! The non.-vegan friends I DO still have all show the utmost respect for me and my ethics and make a real effort to make sure they have things I can eat at their houses. They also make an effort NOT to talk about anything which is going to offfend me.

Generally I dislike most meat eaters and battle with feelings of intense hatred which i feel, Its quite a problem really getting on with normal everyday life when you see practiaclly everyone as an evil selfish assasins. I also see all non-vegans as personally responsible for the destruction of the planet and my daughter's future which makes me hate them more. I don't like being filled with such negative feelings and hardly ever express the level of my with humanity as a whole to anyone. However, not surrounding myself by disrespectful friends helps a lot.

And yes..I am one of those "dickheads", Marcina, who pushes my beliefs on anyone and everyone and that's probably why I have created so many vegans and saved so many lives...say what you want I'm proud of my actions and someone has to play the role of the crazy activist afterall!

I pondered this though the other day. The evidence is overwhelming that eating chemically full processed food is bad for your health as well as meat and dairy. Even Havard saying so. People are just dumb.. or they think they are immortal. There is nothing wrong with presenting the evidence to people. I spend to much time keeping this information to myself. I think there is enough of it out there that people need to stop and listen. People are so use to marketing and shitty nutritionists on the radio that they think they will be free and clear of horrible illnesses. Not to say there are a lot of food addicts. I spent now 3 years researching nutrition and more nutrition. I love animals and I was not an animal lover. I love nature and I always was a nature lover but I not the camping type. I ate the SAD diet for 29 years of my life and now I eat as whole food vegan as I can.

The only leftover answer I think is that people are one dumb? two completely blind and ignorant.. which I tend to think? or three, there are an aweful lot o supermans running around the planet because they are exempt from cancer and heart disease. ... hello! cryptonite is in your food you idiots! lol

Yeah I still cop some shit from friends of mine, mostly just on my facebook page and not to me personally. Most people I know are supportive and very accepting so the criticism i get is usually just tongue in cheek. My guess is that most wouldn't say things to my face because I'm tougher than most people i know

well, i have never had a problem.. because many people are plant eaters like me! in fact in my caste, people never eat dead n burnt animals..

but i don't debate about plant eating and meat eating n all.. if people ask me, i say, it is my life style and my choice. i stick on to my lifestyle and you stick on to yours.. it is futile to analyze and find out which is actually correct. because i never agree that my lifestyle is incorrect and you never agree that your lifestyle is incorrect!..

but most of the people in india admit that plant eating is better and more religious n etc!

well, i have never had a problem.. because many people are plant eaters like me! in fact in my caste, people never eat dead n burnt animals..

but i don't debate about plant eating and meat eating n all.. if people ask me, i say, it is my life style and my choice. i stick on to my lifestyle and you stick on to yours.. it is futile to analyze and find out which is actually correct. because i never agree that my lifestyle is incorrect and you never agree that your lifestyle is incorrect!..

but most of the people in india admit that plant eating is better and more religious n etc!

Wow..so you're vegan just for health reasons then?

Because I know my diet is the correct one..nutritionally and ethically and I have no problems telling anyone!