In a surprise, Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Vegan Joe

The institute itself should be nominated one for humor.

Guess they missed the part about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Guess there'll be no more troops.

Now lets see what he can do with the streets of Chicago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_nobel_peace

OSLO – President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.

Nobel observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama woke up to the news a little before 6 a.m. EDT. The White House had no immediate comment on the announcement, which took the administration by surprise.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee decided not to inform Obama before the announcement because it didn't want to wake him up, committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said.

"Waking up a president in the middle of the night, this isn't really something you do," Jagland said.

The Nobel Committee lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation ...

They should wait until he has been in charge for some years. Right now, the price was given to him for many promises. In my opinion, you should be rewarded for what you actually achieved.

Also, there are many projects out there which need the 1.000.000$ more urgently than the president of the USA.

The institute itself should be nominated one for humor.

Guess they missed the part about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Guess there'll be no more troops.

Now lets see what he can do with the streets of Chicago.

Yeah, really. At first I thought it was something out of The Onion, but then I remembered that those jokers once gave the Peace Prize to Henry Kissinger. WAR IS PEACE!

Oh, there'll be more troops. Wall Street has a lot more power than the Nobel Committee.

Rache Maddow is a retard, it s me she has a show. To be fair, I've never seen it. I saw her give one interview, I had no idea who she was, and I just about fell over with the unbelievable level of ignorance and stupidity she displayed. Only now do I realize she has a show...I thought she was just some psycho they pulled out of the audience or something.