Anyone know of any vegan instant noodles?

Guest LloydMetcalfe

I can't find any vegan instant noodles.A lot of them have "spices" or "Flavors" listed on them but i can't trust them to be vegan.I used to eat Nong Shim-Shinramyun but when i checked the "spices" on their website it was beef!!What a shame, they were perfect, hot and spicy.If it is possible to make vegan chicken nuggets then it will be easy to imitate these noodles!

Anyone know of anything similar or good recipes?

I've tried that but i can't get it to taste good.I just saw some on veganessentials site but i don't want to not receive my order like last time i ordered from them.(me 0, customs $1000).

I'm going to need exact recipes because my attempts are not good.

JAPAN, MAKE SOME SPICY VEGAN INSTANT RAMEN NOODLES.

I've tried that but i can't get it to taste good.

It might be hard unless you add tonnes of MSG that is found in all those instant noodles!

Your right.And i came across this today.

\/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CxJaNoIa8

It's Dr.Jubb (raw vegan), talking about gluten and it's negative affects on the body and brain.He's a very smart man with a lot of knowledge, made me totally think about nutrition and it's affects on my body in a new way.He says Gluten saps iron, zinc, magnesium and other minerals out of the body and brain and you can't digest gluten anyway.Very interesting talk.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally worked out how to make the animal free version of "shinramyun" noodles.So anyone(not just you members), spending hours looking for the non meat version, as i have, can look no further.

plain instant noodles(they should sell them everywhere)

vegetable version of beef stock(i have the massel brand in powder form)

cayenne chili powder

Then just get the same vegetables that come dehydrated in the packet and cut them to size(mushroom, carrot, green onion or leek)

Anyone who was addicted to these noodles will know how much water and vegetable extras to use and the amount of stock and chili powder is the same amount you would get in the packet, use around 3 parts stock to 1 part chili.It helps to just make the soup right before adding the noodles and vegetables.I've always added extra mushroom to the noodles and 1-3rd of a whole broccoli(good way to eat that motherfucker).

I like to eat the noodles with spinach and "cheese" pastry.Here's a way of making it.

* 2 tablespoons olive oil

* 2 brown onions, finely chopped

* 2 garlic cloves, crushed

* 600g baby spinach, washed, dried, trimmed

* 1/4 cup dill leaves, chopped

* 2 packets of cheddar cheezly

* 1 teaspoon black pepper

* 6 tsp of No Egg mixed with 6 Tbsp of water

* 375g packet filo pastry (see tip)

* Oil or melted vegan margarine (Nuttelex)

Method

1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add spinach and dill. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts. Transfer to a sieve. Using a wooden spoon, press as much liquid from spinach mixture as possible. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add cheddar, pepper and No Egg mix. Season with salt. Mix well to combine.

2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 5cm deep, 30cm x 38cm (base) baking dish (see note).

3. Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench. Brush with oil. Top with 2 pastry sheets. Brush with oil. Continue to layer pastry, brushing every second layer with oil, to form 10 layers. Use pastry layers to line base of baking dish. Spoon spinach mixture over pastry.

4. Using remaining 10 pastry sheets and oil, repeat step 3. Use pastry layers to cover spinach filling. Using a sharp knife, score top of pastry into 24 squares. Brush top with oil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely in pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours or overnight if time permits.

5. Cut into squares.

Notes & tips

* If you don't have 1 large baking dish, you can use two 3cm deep, 15cm x 25cm (base) slab pans. After layering pastry in step 3, cut in half crossways. Use to line pan bases. Divide spinach filling between pans. Layer remaining pastry sheets. Cut in half crossways and use to cover filling.

This should really be moved into the recipes section lol.

I'm all good man.That recipe i listed is tastes the exact same as the ones i was after.Might add some paprika next time to make the water more red.