What will happend if I sleep with a full stomach?

Because, I have a hard time fitting 6 meals in a day, Sometimes, my last meal is also the time when I have to go to sleep. So I eat, then I sleep.

Is this bad for my Health?

What happens to the food while I am sleeping?

Will I still get nutrients absorb and proteins absorb to repair my muscles from weight lifting?

Thanks

If you are anything like me, you will actually sleep all night instead of waking up way to early. If I don't have my largest meal before bed I wake up in about 3 hours painfully hungry. Then I eat breakfast. Then I go back to bed. So big meal equals long sleep for me. Or really I should say most fats of the day equals long sleep for me. .

I seem to fall asleep more quicker and get a full nights rest on a full stomach. If I don't eat before I went to bed, I'd wake up in the middle of the night starving unable to sleep until I get some food in me.

"Is it bad for ones health?" I've heard about how you'll gain weight, get heartburn, indigestion problems, or insomnia but I don't experience these problems but then again I ain't your regular couch potato eat chips/cheesy puffs late at night.

I always heard that eating before you go to sleep stores the food into fat cells since the metabolism is slow at this point in time. Don't know how true that is. I find that I am better off eating up to two hours before I go to sleep.

I have heard that before too, but I think it is rubbish. If you didn't eat anything all day, then you would burn fat all day and when you did eat before bed, you would probably just restore all that fat. If you ate first thing in the morning, then nothing all day, you would burn your meal until it was gone instead of the fat. So, I think it all averages out over the course of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are anything like me, you will actually sleep all night instead of waking up way to early. If I don't have my largest meal before bed I wake up in about 3 hours painfully hungry. Then I eat breakfast. Then I go back to bed. So big meal equals long sleep for me. Or really I should say most fats of the day equals long sleep for me. .

For 10 days when I was at the meditation centre my last meal was at 11 a.m, going to bed around 9:30 pm and was sleeping perfectly. Yes I was hungry sometimes, so what ? I can fall asleep, and I am not like those people that can fall asleep so easily and who continue sleeping even if their neighborhood is under a nuclear attack. People who are not able to think, sleep, drive or do anything just because they are hungry should try to experiment with fasting someday, as well as meditation, and be aware of the sensations in their body to learn to remain calm and equanimous when observing those sensations instead of reacting to it, with fear, panic, or just reacting to it automatically. Those are all subject to the Law of Impermanence, sensation of hunger appear and disappear, often within minutes, without ingesting food.

I think everybody's different, as the replies to this post show. For some, fasting is cleansing and healthy but for others it is dangerous and even life-threatening based on how they are built inside. I am one of those people. I won't go into details but let's just say that my body practically curses at me if I even think about fasting anymore.

For me, the best route to feeling extraordinary is to keep everything going into my body as high-energy and pure as I can get it. I don't mean high calories, I mean the closest the plant comes to being completely alive, still growing. Much research has shown that the more alive the plant, the more benefit the human body derives from it and I can definitely vouch for that. Lately, cooked food makes me fall asleep--even plain, organic vegetables.

My mantra is to stop my old attitude of "I must get rid of this thing" and instead simply turn my behavior and attention away from it and instead focus on the desired action and thought. It takes a ton more effort than fasting but I find that the results gently build into dramatically awesome and permanent change. I feel fantastic, I don't suffer, and instead of "conquering" something or "getting rid of it" as if it is something separate from me, like an enemy, I merely choose to be somebody different and emerge victorious.

Now, THAT makes for a good night's sleep.

Baby Herc

PS: I was so hyper and happy yesterday that I ate just before bed and woke up starving. I'm eating my apple right now but I sure am looking forward to that protein smoothie later!

For 10 days when I was at the meditation centre my last meal was at 11 a.m, going to bed around 9:30 pm and was sleeping perfectly. Yes I was hungry sometimes, so what ? I can fall asleep, and I am not like those people that can fall asleep so easily and who continue sleeping even if their neighborhood is under a nuclear attack. People who are not able to think, sleep, drive or do anything just because they are hungry should try to experiment with fasting someday, as well as meditation, and be aware of the sensations in their body to learn to remain calm and equanimous when observing those sensations instead of reacting to it, with fear, panic, or just reacting to it automatically. Those are all subject to the Law of Impermanence, sensation of hunger appear and disappear, often within minutes, without ingesting food.

It is a good thing that only sleep is affected by my being hungry as I wrote. I am not sure what the rest of your post is directed towards. Perhaps someone else said something you might like to address. You should include their qoutes in your responses so that we can follow along.

Just have a protein shake before bed as the last meal.

In the featurette depicting the making of the "Wolverine" movie, Hugh Jackman's cohorts said that in order to train for the role, in which he did nearly all his own stunts, he had to set his alarm for an hour early, get up and drink a protein shake, then go back to bed in order to get up and train a few hours later. He had barbells waiting for him in between takes, too. He is a classic ectomorph whose body likes to stay very lean; check out his earlier work to see his natural frame. He's a powerhouse, though. They said he was practically indefatigable on the set. Wow.

Makes me kind of glad I'm a mesomorph. I'd go nuts if I had to eat and train constantly like that. The food bills would be exorbitant! I don't know how you ectomorphs do it.

Baby Herc

Makes me kind of glad I'm a mesomorph. I'd go nuts if I had to eat and train constantly like that. The food bills would be exorbitant! I don't know how you ectomorphs do it.

I pretty much gave up trying bodybuilding in hope that my metabolism will slow down in a few years. The amount I was spending on food was exorbitant, eating none stop and barely gaining a pound, although I did gain some muscle mass.

I can eat 4000-5000 calories a day and not gain a pound. It can really be too much... although I still weight train a bit to keep my strength up.

Maybe I will take up cycling or something....