Name and Personality

SeaSiren

Have you ever noticed a trend in people you meet with their name? For instance every Matt I have ever met in my life was extremely competitive (I think this is a good thing)! There are other names I meet with some names that red flags immediately go up!

Since I don't want to offend anyone, if you experienced this please don't mention the actual name you have encountered with bad or negative feelings as someone with said name may be a member of this board. However, if you have anything positive from a name feel free to mention it!

So how about you? Are their names of persons you have met who you have always had a positive encounter? Are their persons with names you would prefer to stay away from?

I've had this conversation with others before; it seems to be true! I was told by one person that every Megan he's ever met always had very bubbly, energetic personalities, and that's a trend I also fulfill.

I'd even have to agree with the Matt's and competitiveness, that's been true in my life too.

I can think of a couple negative ones too.

Weird.

I've had this conversation with others before; it seems to be true! I was told by one person that every Megan he's ever met always had very bubbly, energetic personalities, and that's a trend I also fulfill.

Yes, every Megan I have ever met had a very bubbly personality!

Yes, every Megan I have ever met had a very bubbly personality!

Hehe, just don't call me perky. I get really tired of that!

I imagine that part of it must be some sort of subconscious connection we make between people....I'm sure there are Megan's in the world that are quite surly, or Matt's that are completely mellow.....but I've yet to meet them.

The weird thing of this vein in my life: the ex-girlfriend of the guy I'm currently seeing is a 6 foot brunette named Megan....I'm a 6 foot brunette named Megan....and my impression of her is she's pretty darn 'bubbly' too! (Although I think our similiarities end there)

Every Susan and Bertha I've ever met have been overweight, but I don't know any vegan Sussies or Bertha's.

Most Jason's I've met in the past few years I've never really liked, because they seem more competitive than the Matt group, also I notice cocky & arrogance to them. (Not to offend any Jasons, Matts, Sussies or Bertha's that might read this)

Every Susan and Bertha I've ever met have been overweight, but I don't know any vegan Sussies or Bertha's.

That doesn't apply to me and Susan's. My mom is a Susan, and when she was my age she had the exact same dimensions as Raquelle Welch. (sp?) Talk about a lot to live up to, my mom was breath-taking. I've only known a few other Susan's, but they haven't been overweight either.

Bertha....I've never even met a Bertha, let alone more than one to form a generalization! Not a common name, is it???

Every Susan and Bertha I've ever met have been overweight, but I don't know any vegan Sussies or Bertha's. Think

Testify brother! That is soooo true....I always use the word "Big" when saying the name "Bertha, such as "Big Bertha". There is even a comic book character by the name Big Bertha and she is huge too, that is one of her powers.

I tend to have some issues with Adolf.

hahaha yeah all the adolfs i know are jackasses

Hey, Bitchy, did you hear about THIS jack-of-all-asses? Interesting discussions to be had about free speech, eh?

Personally, I like the names, "Richard," "Matt," and "Cristian" -- they give off a sense of a strong; honorable; totally independent; attractive, kick-ass constitution.

Personally, I like the names, "Richard," "Matt," and "Cristian" -- they give off a sense of a strong; honorable; totally independent; attractive, kick-ass constitution.

If you have something to say to the rest of us that arent as "strong, honourable, totally independent, attractive and kick ass" , then say it, rather than "dropping clues. "

On the second thought, I think Jonathan summed it up best - some of us are just vile, hateful, malicious people with a personal vendetta who cannot think for themselves.

DENISE: Sorry to hijack this post, but hijack now over.

Most Jason's I've met in the past few years I've never really liked, because they seem more competitive than the Matt group, also I notice cocky & arrogance to them. (Not to offend any Jasons, Matts, Sussies or Bertha's that might read this)

Big Bertha. This thread is funny but as Seasiren said, probably best not to say anything negative just in case. I don't know if anyone would take it to heart but you never know

Big Bertha. This thread is funny but as Seasiren said, probably best not to say anything negative just in case. I don't know if anyone would take it to heart but you never know

I think she meant last names, but I truly didn't mean any harm in either case.

What does the HM in the sign stand for? I've wondered that ever since we got the new emoticons.

-Thanks

And by the way, I never really liked the name Robert that much. I'm not sure why, but it is my name so I won't change it. I just found out my mother never really liked her name either. She just mentioned it around Christmas time. Her name is old fashioned; Edna. I never knew she didn't like it that much, and I'm slowly getting used to 'Rob' rather than Robert and I have all kinds of nicknames.

I guess I never really noticed certain names matching up with personality types, but people with the names Sarah and Katie seem to be quite cute!

-Robert

I use that emoticon to mean Hmmmm (as in things that make you go hmmmm).

Denise why are you screw*d ? All the Denise's I know have been strong, free-spirited and ambitious women. Besides, you are the person you are, not your name.

Rob, I never really liked my name either, but I got used to it. Besides, Rob is a nice name.

• 3 weeks later...

Never met anyone with my name... all I know is that it's actually a Guy's name, popular in the South. (However, I'd feel really bad for the poor guy who's name is Shelby... it just doesn't have that "manly" feel to it, ya know?!).