lisa becomes vegetarian :D

endcruelty

My little sister watches a cartoon called "Brace Face" and the star of the show is a vegetarian, who is "gelatine aware"

That show is produced by and stars Alicia Silverstone. It's nice to see some positive images of veggies on TV.

Most shows that have a token veggie depict them as strange, illogical, stupid, or a target for mockery. Most shows don't have a veggie regular member of the cast, but on quite a few shows, characters talk about someone who is veg*n, and almost invariably, that person is strange, or radical, or depicted in some other very negative way.

"Phoebe" on Friends was a veggie (the air-headed character). But when she got pregnant, she craved meat and there was a big deal about how great it tasted when she tried it!

I can't think of any other veggie characters. Lisa Simpson may be the most positive veggie role model on TV!

o ya forgot about pheobe lol...shes my hero 2 when chandler and joey got leather chairs she made a comment like "2 beauty animal died so you could have these seats" or something along those lines.......

i cant find that brace face show in my area

i think nate from six feet under was veg*n. lisa, his first wife, definitely was...

... A strict vegan whose wardrobe consisted of baggy dresses, overalls and clogs; she didn't go to movies because film, which is processed with gelatin from animal hooves, contributes to the "global slavery of animals"; and when she wanted to get rid of ants in her kitchen she sat on the floor and politely asked them to leave. ...

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/cast/characters/lisa_fisher.shtml

i've only seen six feet under's first season and part of the last, but i highly recommend it.

you know whats kind of odd though??? each of these characters mentioned in this post are female what happened to all the guy veggie heads??? there was 1 episode of "the war at home" where a guy went veggie but at the end get ate a veal sandwich after telling his father how they were raised..... pathetic

and Apu is also a vegetarian! remember his shirt? don't have a cow man! he serves tofu dogs in the kwik-e-mart. he may be vegan because i remember he said that he wouldn't eat cheese. it was the same episode where lisa goes veggie i believe. then she meets sir paul mcartney and they talk about vegeterianism.

did you see the episode where lisa has a crush on a vegan? he was protesting at the crusty burger and got arrested. lisa visited him in jail. she said "i'm a vegetarian too". the guy unimpressed says "vegeterian huh... well that's a start. i'm a 7th level vegan, i don't eat anything that cast a shadow." i thought that was so funny!

and Apu is also a vegetarian! remember his shirt? don't have a cow man!

He's actually vegan. I remember an episode when Lisa is exploring different diets (maybe the one where she goes veggie?) and Apu says something about being vegan.

As for male veg*ns in the media, they'd probably be portrayed as weak, 'strange' or 'artistic' or very 'unmanly."

im watching an episode now where the simpsons goto a circus.....circus that doesnt use animals .... im bored thought i'd point that out

Lisa: As French Canadians, they don't believe in refunds or exploiting animals for entertainment.

The part where he says "I'm a 7th level vegan" is bad for our community though, because people seriously think that there are vegans who live on iceberg lettuce and grass.

Will, that's a good point, that Pop-Eye eats all of his spinach, I never thought about that.

ok so im watching a movie "ultimate avengers" ..... and 1 charactor named Thor was on a ship protesting a whale hunt ..... he gets mad and starts making waves and ice arrows to shoot at the whalers ship... it was so awsome ....... thor is my new best friend im a dork i know... w/e

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/04_02/thor_pos.jpg

Edited by endcruelty

The part where he says "I'm a 7th level vegan" is bad for our community though, because people seriously think that there are vegans who live on iceberg lettuce and grass.

yeah your right. i actually had people ask me if there was such a thing. i laugh them off. it was a cartoon people!

sorry i don't know the episode or season that was in.

I forgot -- Sarah on CSI is a vegetarian.

As was "Darlene" on the Rosanne show. And both actresses are vegetarians, and asked that it be incorporated into their characters.

And Persia White's character (Lynn) on Girlfriends is a vegan. I assume that, similar to Jorja Fox and Sarah Gilbert, PW asked for her character to be vegan like she is.