Robert's Training Journal - A Tale of Yeah's and Buddy's

Cool. Yeah, the November Vegan Holiday Festival is what I'm working on.

Howard Lyman just confirmed he'll speak

He is one of the best Animal Rights/Vegan speakers in the World.

Back to work for me..... Keep bulking!!!

I'm trying to bulk though. I've been eating ridiculous amounts of food, and going to the gym again, so hopefully really soon I'll be a beefcak....tofu-cake.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems wierd to me that you can do lunges with weight but can not do squats. Maybe it is the crazy lightweights that is the difference, but that is a tough break that you can't do them!

Keep up the bulking! I've been bulking as well and I am up around 220 now, I've got to stay ahead of you!

How frequently do you train legs? I see the log posts it once in awhile, but you have also mentioned you don't get every workout posted in here. It looks like once every 10 days or so, but I don't have my glasses on and the dates get difficult to read.

Regards,

Sensless

I train legs every 6 or 7 days.

Lunges are ok, barbell lunges aggrevate my back a little, but squats are not an option at all. Dumbbell lunges don't bother anything.

I don't get everything updated, just too busy.

But I normally train 4 or 5 days a week 70-90 minutes at a time.

I trained abs and forearms last night. It was about 80-90 minutes. No time to list what I did, but it was cool.

Then we had food from Proper Eats, Vega smoothies and talked about Pro Wrestling.

Well, behind schedule as usuall.....and leave for Canada tomorrow morning...bye for now.

Yeah, I can't do squats. It's a serious injury when I do. Sometimes I can't even walk or sit properly, other times it's not that bad, but still very serious and very limiting.

So I just won't do them. But my quads and other parts of my legs are still one of my best muscle groups. So I think it's fine. I am really enjoying lunges too!

Ok, gotta go. Thanks for the comments. I should be training at my boss's house tomorrow in Canada. He has a sweet home gym.

I trained Chest and Biceps here in Canada tonight.

Flat Bench

Incline Dumbbell Press

Incline Dumbbell Flys

Preacher Curls

Seated Biceps Curls

Seated Hammer Curls

Photo shoot for fun (photos to be posted soon)

About 1 hour total plus 10 minutes of posing for photos. Then Vega drink at the Vega owners house

I'm finding all kinds of new things at Vega I visited the office for the first time today. I'm staying at the owner's house and training at his gym. I forced him to take photos of me last night while I was flexing and posing

Who calls the shots now

I'll do some back and shoulders later on tonight.

I took a couple of days off because I was working 12 and 14-hour days at the Taste of Health Festival in Canada. The event was great! I spoke on Saturday and on Sunday, both were good presentations. I also worked the Vega booth all day each day and had to do lots of other preparation work, etc.

I'll hit the gym again tomorrow. I can barely keep my eyes open. I must have mingled with more than 2,000 people this weekend. Or somewhere close to that number. Maybe a few of them will show up on the forum in the next few days.

Ok, time to sleep I think.

I got back after it today. I took off more days than I wanted but it was a very busy and stressful time. I was presenting at a major festival and attending raw food gatherings, and just being very busy from morning to night.

Today I trained back and shoulders in the afternoon for 90 minutes.

Back

Pull-ups

Reverse grip pull-ups

One-arm dumbbell rows

50 x 12

50 x 12

70 x 10

70 x 10

Dumbbell Shrugs

140 x 20

140 x 20

140 x 25

140 x 25

Rack pulls

135 x 10

135 x 10

135 x 10

135 x 10

Shoulders

Dumbbell press

60 x 15

80 x 10

100 x 10

120 x 8

Posterior delt raises

30 x 12

30 x 12

30 x 12

Lateral raises

30 x 15

30 x 15

30 x 20

40 x 15

Front Raises

20 each hand x 12

20 each hand x 12

20 each hand x 12

20 each hand x 12

All done. About 90 minutes total and then had Vega, bananas and a vega bar.

I fly to Baltimore tonight.

There were 3 I was interested in, and I got to chat with all of them It's fun being a speaker or presenter, especially coming from a different country (no matter how close it is)

But you know me, no girlfriends. It's kinda my thing. I fly solo; always.

Oh, you know me Potter. I look for myself first But we'll help each other out....and we'll do a better job than we did in D.C.!!!

I just arrived in Baltimore. It was an adventure to get here....delayed flights, standby, etc. It took me a full 24 hours! I missed the entire first day of the show

I'm not sure I'll be able to train here but when I get back on Sunday night I'll hit it then, or Monday before returning home.

I will get back into the swing of things tomorrow evening. I just got off a plane from Baltimore and now I'm in Vancouver B.C. I feel like Daywalker, I've been on the road quite a bit recently and it's tough to train, especially since I've been working the whole time while I'm away from home.

I look forward to my return of proper training and proper eating.

I finally returned home and after the 7-hour drive I went to the gym with davidtarrfoster.

We hit up back and triceps.

Back

Lat pull-downs

70 x 15

80 x 15

110 x 12

120 x 10

Reverse Grip pull-ups

Cable rows

160 x 15

180 x 15

200 x 15

Righ rows

160 x 12

180 x 12

180 x 12

Hyperextensions

Triceps

Skull Crushers

70 x 12

70 x 12

70 x 12

70 x 12

Dips

Triceps kick-backs with dumbbells

30 x 10

30 x 10

30 x 10

Overhead dumbbell extensions

35 x 20

About 1 hour 30 minutes total

Then we posed for photos which are coming soon. davidtarrfoster's back is awesome!!!