Getting ill

Igor Vovchanchyn

Sorry if this isn't quiet the right forum for this.

I've been getting ill alot recently. It seems that I'm spending the majority of each week ill for the last month. My diet hasn't changed alot recently, and I've never been prone to illness before. I haven't been drinking alot or such.

I'm thinking I'm over training.

Or getting old.

Any advice, any similar experience?

Sounds like your immune system might be under stress. I think you might have hit on the reason in your last statement, that you think you might be overtraining.

And unfortunately, as we age, most things don't work as well as they used to (except for the mind, to a certain extent!), including the immune system not being as strong.

Maybe take a recovery week, doing less intense exercise, maybe some yoga, eating more raw foods and getting more sleep/rest.

Either flu symptoms (with temperature substituted for feeling cold, which has always been how my body works for some reason)

Or stomach probs.

The thing is I'm only 26 so unless I'm alot less fit than I thought I'm surprised exercise has such an effect. No wonder the Victorians avoided it.

I'll probably be getting myself to a doctor soon.

Its not a continuous illness. It seems to happen right after a period of training. I get stomach probs after focusing on stomach muscles, I get flu after doing lots of aerobic exercise.

I'll be fine for a week then I'll be ill for a week.

I guess my workouts are becoming more intense but thats how you do it I assumed.

It's either that or stress. I mean, if you're working your abs and then you have stomach problems, it has to be some sort of stress issue.

Either that or it may be lactic acid. I've gotten pretty sick after over doing it in the gym so don't count that out. Maybe just take a week off of lifting. It never hurt anybody.

Sorry to resurrect my dead thread.

I haven't done anything more than 20minute exercise sessions 3 times per week, and now I've felt healthy again for a couple of days.

I still have the check up on Wednesday. I've also changed my work plans, instead of writing I've decided to pick up some random office job, soonish, which I think has helped my spirits a bit.

Still I want to get back to a more serious workout schedule, any idea how to do so without causing probs like this again?

To avoid getting sick I do very little cardio in the gym. I believe the air at the gym is very stagnant and unclean. I used to get strep every time I ran in the track at my last school rec center.

I've never thought about that, but I avoid heavy breathing too unless I'm really pushing my last rep in a set.