Cute boys at the gym!

andesuma

Ok, I think Astrocat wins my informal, personal, "post of the week" contest. Bizarre, random - it was a thing of beauty. Loveliberate better watch out! (where is he anyway?)

Andesuma - if you want to meet him, I bet all you need to do is say 'hi' and wait for a response. If he's worth his salt, he'll see the opening and run through.

Another Option, one which I've tried before, yet wouldn't really recommend is to go to all out on the weight and then hurt yourself... You get noticed... you might even get sympathy....

Here's a bit of a story... There is this guy I know, lets call him SydneyVegan, to protect his real identity... See's a cute boy at the gym who is watching him deadlift... Pulls a nice single at 150kgs... cute boy looks rather impressed... decides to pull another one whilst looking at cute boy and not thinking about form... result... hurt back rather badly and then had real trouble getting weights off bar... managed to maintain some dignity and pretend nothing had happened... wander around gym stretching etc, then hit the showers.... have 2 weeks off from the gym whilst back heals.... still see cute boy, but have decided it is safer to look using the mirrors and leave it at that...

Ok, I think Astrocat wins my informal, personal, "post of the week" contest. Bizarre, random - it was a thing of beauty.

curtseys

(applause surrounds Astrocat on all sides)

(Astrocat steps up to a podium and accepts a bouquet of flowers graciously)

(Astrocat waves to the clamouring crows)

Thankyou, thankyou all, I feel so happy to win this award. It means so much to me, I ... I....

(bursts into delighted tears and descends from stage)

? I'm not sure what you mean by random though, as I have been doing my utmost best to sincerely endeavour to advise this young lady in her quest to pick up a buff young stud.

? I'm not sure what you mean by random though, as I have been doing my utmost best to sincerely endeavour to advise this young lady in her quest to pick up a buff young stud.

My bad, sorry - it's just that when I saw "pips in apples", "Britney Spearslike noises", and "Tekken" in the same post, my first thought was " how random!".

You should also see how much weight he is lifting when your looking at him and see how much less he's lifting when your not...this is a sure sign of trying to impress you. Or maybe he's be lifting less so he won't have to focus on the weights

This is why I like going to the gym when it's not busy, about an hour before it closes, because no one else is there.

If you want to spark up a conversation and have eye contact, just nod and say "How are you doing?", and see what they say, you can easily normally start up conversation from there.

Andesuma,

It's not about how you go abouts it which matters. It's whether you do it.

You don't know how long you have the opportunity to approach him, for one day he could be gone forever and you would never know whether he was interested or not. People can be interested in others, and never ever approach them or talk to them, and also people who do get approached may not even admit/show they are interested in you even if they actually do, because they could be shy or scared..

Just do it, do anything, and be persistant even if they don't respond well. The worst thing which could happen is that they could tell you straight out that they are not interested in you and don't want to talk to you, but even this could be a lie..

alot of times we do things we regret, and a guy could not be thinking straight when he responds, and later on he might wish he had said something differently, so it's good to talk to them multiple times..

You don't have any reason to think this guy is a nice person as far as I can see, you don't know anything about him, so I don't understand the motivation to talk to him more than any other guy at the gym. In fact, isn't it more likely that he has a girlfriend / boyfriend already if he's hot? If you're going to decide to try to initiate a relationship with a complete stranger, why not aim for the ugliest person, they are unlikely to already have a partner. If you were to consistently aim for ugly people rather than hot people, you'd have a higher success rate, as more of them will be single.

Try:

- Hi! I'm Andesuma from the VB&F forum - want to share a Vega bar &/or shake?

and/or

- Loveliberate on VB&F forum says you really, really, really better make nice talk with me or else Robert "That's Mr. Cheeke to you punk!" Cheeke, Richard "the roughest, toughest Ninja in all of Occupied Far East Wales" & the entire cast of the UK's top hit disco sit-com "Edinburgh Vegan Strength Cult" - will kick yr puny lil' boo-tay!

If one of those fails to produce the desired result, I'll give ya triple what ya payed for my advise back in pennies.

You don't have any reason to think this guy is a nice person as far as I can see, you don't know anything about him, so I don't understand the motivation to talk to him more than any other guy at the gym. In fact, isn't it more likely that he has a girlfriend / boyfriend already if he's hot? If you're going to decide to try to initiate a relationship with a complete stranger, why not aim for the ugliest person, they are unlikely to already have a partner. If you were to consistently aim for ugly people rather than hot people, you'd have a higher success rate, as more of them will be single.

This could work but what about the event where all ugly people that get tired of being single...all decide to date eachother...honestly I've found a lot of attractive people are single more often than not because they can either afford to be picky or they get sick of being hit on all the time(rare with men thinking this way though)

This could work but what about the event where all ugly people that get tired of being single...all decide to date eachother...honestly I've found a lot of attractive people are single more often than not because they can either afford to be picky or they get sick of being hit on all the time(rare with men thinking this way though)

The single folk on this website are clearly proof of this!

(did I mention I was single )

I haven't read every post on this thread but I thought most women hated being "hit on" at the gym. I work out at home so it is not an issue. If I did workout at the gym I wouldn't flirt with anybody because I know it is annoying to many women to be "hit on" everywhere they go.

I think alot of women are annoyed by it(very understandably) but at the same time I think some like the attension they get by wearing really revealing workout gear

I think alot of women are annoyed by it(very understandably) but at the same time I think some like the attension they get by wearing really revealing workout gear

I can't speak for women, but my female friends tell me it is annoying as hell unless the guy is cute. They tell me in most cases these guys are not.

How do we even know this guy is vegan? Huh?

As far as I know he could be shoveling down baby rabbits in his croc-skin boots right now.

I don't want Andesuma to join the dark side so here's my tip:

Andesuma: Get fat and never stop talking about your mother, table settings and chiq purses. Guys love that, trust me!

How do we even know this guy is vegan? Huh?

As far as I know he could be shoveling down baby rabbits in his croc-skin boots right now.

I don't want Andesuma to join the dark side so here's my tip:

Andesuma: Get fat and never stop talking about your mother, table settings and chiq purses. Guys love that, trust me!

LOL!!!!

I can't speak for women, but my female friends tell me it is annoying as hell unless the guy is cute. They tell me in most cases these guys are not.

I can't stand this stereotype some women have that I know exist...its ok if they are hitting on you if they are really cute and its annoying and wrong if they aren't....If you want some good you've gotta take a bit of bad with it.