Will a raw diet cure my hayfever?

suz

So I'm dying from hayfever here and I'm desperate for help.

I'm currently about 75-80% raw. I'm wondering if going 100% raw will cure my hayfever? I've googled it and come across some articles that lead me to believe that it just might, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this first hand.

Funny you should mention that, because my allergies went down by about 90% once I cut dairy out of my diet (but I know you've done that a while ago), but I used to get allergies REALLY badly.

What are you eating that falls under the list of common allergens with the 20 - 25% cooked food in your diet?

Maybe you could see how avioding wheat/gluten would treat you...those fake meats have tons of gluten...same with bread, couscous and seitan of course.

• 1 month later...

Quick update

Well it's been a little over a month now of being 100% free from all wheat/gluten products and spring is now in full bloom.

I'm happy to report that ALL SIGNS of my hayfever/allergies are gone. Completely gone. This is the first spring in my entire life that I haven't been a miserable-snivelling-sneezing-wanna-stay-indoors-hate-flowers-more-sneezing-mess.

Thanks for your guidance Odidnetne and veganpotter! Indebted forever!

after seeing this so often, including in myself, it makes you wonder what other so called incurable diseases and symptoms are being needlessly treated unsuccessfully when just some lifestyle modification is all thats necessary.

Quick update

Well it's been a little over a month now of being 100% free from all wheat/gluten products and spring is now in full bloom.

I'm happy to report that ALL SIGNS of my hayfever/allergies are gone. Completely gone. This is the first spring in my entire life that I haven't been a miserable-snivelling-sneezing-wanna-stay-indoors-hate-flowers-more-sneezing-mess.

Awesome suz !

I feel better when I don't eat gluten too. Bread is not part of my regular diet but I have a falafel-roll every once in awhile and that seems to be ok with my body...

Maybe you could see how avioding wheat/gluten would treat you...those fake meats have tons of gluten...same with bread, couscous and seitan of course.

veganpotter: Couscous has Gluten? Didn't know that.

Thanks

Quick update

Hey Suz: If you enjoy bread, I'd recommend getting the vegan cookbook from Sarah Kramer: La Dolce Vegan. It has great recipes with no gluten or yeast.

Hope you feel better. Patrick

veganpotter: Couscous has Gluten? Didn't know that.

Thanks

Yeah, aparently couscous is semolina wheat with a coating of finely ground wheat flour. I had no idea either. I'd been having a lot of it when my allergies were really bad.

Hey Suz: If you enjoy bread, I'd recommend getting the vegan cookbook from Sarah Kramer: La Dolce Vegan. It has great recipes with no gluten or yeast.

Hope you feel better. Patrick

The only bread-like product I eat now are the odd rice tortillas. I thought it would be super difficult to give up bread, but it was actually easy once the allergies disappeared and I realized how happy I was about that. I still can't believe it was wheat all this time. Why isn't this information out there in wide release? It's madness.

I think I'll check out that book, Patrick, even though I'm mostly raw, a few good recipes can't hurt.

Great to hear you are so much better. It also gives me hope for my sweetheart. He is having such a problem since moving here to Florida from New Orleans.

I have a sensitivity to wheat discovered while I was eating graham crackers. I wonder if cutting out wheat and dairy will help him. He is not a vegetarian but is eating more vegetarian meals. He won't try soy milk for some reason but I think he may drink almond or rice milk.

I will see how it goes this week.

Again it is so good to hear you are so much better

• 11 months later...

I've cut out gluten from my diet but still seem to suffer from a bit of hayfever. It's either that or dust. (My house is dusty)

It's definetly not as bad as it was last year, when I was still eating dairy and gluten, but I still have it somewhat. I sneeze and get sinus headaches still.

When I went raw, for hayfever reasons, I stayed raw all through summer and fall and although I had a allergy sneeze here and there, it altogether disappeared.

Now, I eat mostly raw, with some cooked unproccessed veggies and beans and the like, and havent had allergies yet ~crosses fingers~. I cant point to any exact science, but it helped me.

Gooood. People are mowing lawns outside. My arch enemy.

Guess I'll stick with raw today and see if that helps at all.

I used to take antihistamines but I swear it made it worse. My mom even told me I was addicted to Claritin. She was right! Lol

Barb gluten is a killer. Unsweetened almond milk sweetened with stevia is a good choice. Or make you own, blend almonds. That's great that you made the change. For anyone else that is buying regular wheat products try to swtich to gluten free. It creeps up on you by damaging the intestinal walls.