Favorite bodybuilder?

Any favorite bodybuilders out there? Either for their physique or personality, past or present....

Jay Cutler is my man these days and I am also really starting to like Bob Cicherillo. I always go more for personality than physique. But regarding physiques, I really like Toney Freeman! He is huge, shredded as it gets and just awesome!

I loved Dorian Yates' physique back in the day and of course Flex Wheeler too.

Years ago I was a big Nasser fan too.

Anyone else?

Gosh - there are so many right now.

Phil Heath, Toney Freeman, David Henry, Victor Martinez, Dexter Jackson - and you cannot forget Jay Cutler.

I can't wait for the Olympia!

I think I am gonna get tix to the NY PRO in May. Anyone wanna go with me?

Wow! Thanks for putting me on the list I'm finally feeling like a bodybuilder again. I'm evening having a protein drink as I type this and I had two dinners and a protein bar in between and after the second dinner I worked out until after the gym closed and they had to unlock the door to let me out

rdandrew..........I notice you like the little shredded guys (aside from Freeman and Cutler who are mass guys).

Freeman is one of my favorites right now and I've never even met him or anything.

Ravi and I are going to the Emerald in a few weeks and it will be awesome! It is one of the largest shows in the country (Amateur show) and tons of IFBB pros are there. For years in a row the guest posers were Gunter, Cutler and Coleman all 3 together on stage at the same time and tons of other pros attended the show too.

Time to eat some more......

Eugene Sandow. ( the man is long gone, but for everything I do in the gym he's the MAIN influence. he has the perfect physique in my book. And I've read he was a friendly and smart bloke as well.)

Robert Cheeke ( is definitely an influence. The guy shows us what's possible to achieve in the purest way possible and dedicates himself to it. )

Ahnuld of course ( probably th emain influence for most modern boybuilders )

I'm a huge fan of people with a greek classical physique.

At the risk of jumping on the brown-nose bandwagon, I'd have to say Robert Cheeke as well. I'm doing some low-key bodybuilding for the first time in my life and Robert's inspired me not just by his knowledge, experience and results, but his selflessness in helping others improve. That's priceless.

I also have Arnold's Complete Book of Modern Bodybuilding which I really like because of the extensive information, large format and plethora of pictures. It's been a good guide.

I also get inspired by the Jack LeLane types who keep it going and show the world that life never ends if you work hard.

Thanks guys!

I was sitting here with xdarthveganx last night and I was chatting with him and mentioned that I saw my name listed as favorite bodybuilder and I never expected that. I think of Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Dexter Jackson, etc. as favorites and I didn't even think that I could end up on that list but it feels pretty good.

So thanks!

Now I'm getting back into bodybuilding again too!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Seattle6.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/seattle2.jpg

I'm excited about the sport again! Time to eat. I just had a Sambazon smoothie upon waking. Eat more, eat more!

Arnold is numero uno. Then Louie Ferrigno. Also Serge Nubret. I like Serge's and Arnold's physiques. Beautiful, muscular, symmetric, massive while retaining a "natural" sense of the aesthetically pleasing.

I like Jay and Ronnie too. I've been watching a bunch of video clips of ronnie's lifts after ya'll posted that interview. He's funny to watch lift. The way he screams, "Light weight!" when pressing 2300 pounds made me laugh. Yeah buddy.

I does help. I spent the last 5 years saying it.

Did anyone list Flex Wheeler? He had perhaps the greatest physique of all time!

Look at the opening photo on this website!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.teamflexwheeler.com/

This photo isn't great, but it shows off some of his bodybuilding qualities and gifts:

http://www.criticalbench.com/images/bodybuilders/flex2-2.jpg

This is that photo from the first website link I gave:

http://www.builtreport.com/wheeler/033.jpg

I think he might have the best physique ever, though there are some great ones out there.

I think your hips and shoulders should only stray so far from you waist...so I think Arnold is perfect...these other guys are bigger and maybe better as body builders but in terms of perfect proportion with your frame I think Aaaarnold is king

The top pic of Flex is amazing. His quads are shredded!!! (never thought i would say that )

He has better photos of his quads too. He has some amazing feather striations in his legs! It is really incredible to see some of his super shredded photos.

That black and white photo is almost as perfect as it gets. Shame he never won Mr. Olympia.

• 3 weeks later...

The legs on Scott look a bit tiny compared to those arms and shoulders...in fact everything on him is huge other than his chest(which is good if it weren't for his arms) and his puny upper leg muscles...his arms are bigger than his thighs

Part of it is how he is posed, but also....he did have some huge arms! A lot of guys back then had pretty small legs...not to say that his legs are small, but they weren't like they are on guys today (check out Flex Wheeler's wheels above!).

I love Zane's abs in that photo. His arms are sweet too!

I still like that Wheeler/Coleman/Cutler muscle on muscle on muscle look!

Ravi, xdarthveganx and I are going to watch some bodybuilding videos this weekend in Seattle. I can't wait!