I love your forum and at last decided to join!

celticbluegreen

Hi, there--I've been reading the forum for a while--especially the recipes, and i love Robert's podcasts! I thought I'd officially join so I could get some advice on a new kitchen appliance. Already considering the Vita Mix now after some input in the Health and Nutrition section!

I have been strict vegetarian for 5 years--and on and off my whole life since my 13th birthday--and now am inching my way toward going vegan. I've even started reading some of the raw books! But, think I should take it a step at a time!

I am not a body builder, although I am trying to get more healthy, especially since I had arthritis diagnosed in my right hip this past winter.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me stopping by!

Welcome!

Great to have you here. Thanks for the comments about the podcasts. I haven't done one in a while, but occasionally I get interviewed where it's displayed publicly, and of course the Youtube videos keep on coming.

Thanks for joining our forum. I really hope you enjoy your time here. We have a strong "family" approach, meaning everyone is welcomed, everyone is treated like a family member here and we all support one another.

Really great to have you here. All the best and welcome aboard!

Hi, flanders77! What I mean is that before, I ate vegetarian most of the time, but still occasionally had meat. For example, I never brought meat into my house or cooked it, but I would sometimes have it at friends' or relatives' houses. For the past 5 years I have eaten only vegetarian. At this point, I am vegan at home, and only cook vegan--but I still eat some dairy away from home, mostly with lunch. So that's my journey so far!

How interesting that "strict vegetarian" means "vegan" in Germany--is it because of the German words they translate into?

How interesting that "strict vegetarian" means "vegan" in Germany--is it because of the German words they translate into?

In German being strict means making no exceptions. So being totally vegetarian (which per definition means eating only plant-based foods) means being vegan.