z e i t g e i s t

Trev

Anyone seen the doc 'Zeitgeist'?

It's similar to 911 Loose Change but broader in scope and ultimately way scarier if you believe this kind of thing...

A version is available on google video and youtube, or downloadable via other sources I was given a copy by a coworker whose name I cannot recall...

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I watched it a couple days ago. I thought it was interesting, but I always get pretty skeptical when 9/11 conspiracy theories are discussed. I just don't believe the US gov't is competent enough to pull off something like that...

, a very valid point. but there are some, let's call them "inconsistencies" in the whole 9/11 story that have not been explained well enough. For me, the biggest one is Building 7. There's just no way that thing fell on its own. And if one believes that, then one has to believe that it was planned in advance because there's no way a demolition team could have taken it down in just a few hours.

After watching zeitgeist, I thought - if there really is some wealthy cabal of rich people ruling the world, then they're just sticking it in our faces by getting a moron like Bush elected.

, a very valid point. but there are some, let's call them "inconsistencies" in the whole 9/11 story that have not been explained well enough. For me, the biggest one is Building 7. There's just no way that thing fell on its own. And if one believes that, then one has to believe that it was planned in advance because there's no way a demolition team could have taken it down in just a few hours.

Oh, there are definitely unanswered questions about 9/11, and you're right that building & is especially suspect. But there's a big difference between "the government did some shady stuff on that day" and "the government planned and executed an attack against their own people". See, conspiracy theories always focus on the top, and what the higher ups have to gain from 9/11. but they never talk about all the "little people" that would need to be involved. I mean, it takes alot of people to set demolition charges for a skyscrapper, and it's unbelievable that that many people were involved in a conspiracy and none of them have talked.

I mean, it takes alot of people to set demolition charges for a skyscrapper, and it's unbelievable that that many people were involved in a conspiracy and none of them have talked.

Agree and disagree. It is hard to believe from a practical standpoint. I suppose a small team with knowledge, access, and a firm belief that what they were doing would have an eventual desirable outcome could do it. But the govt hasn't done itself any favors. The 9/11 commission hardly mentions building 7, the FBI confiscated all the security tapes of the plane hitting the pentagon, even though there were a million different videos and angles of the WTC towers coming down. Etc... lots of unanswered questions, and insufficient info from the gov't, which speaks of cover-up. Why cover-up, unless...

• 2 months later...

Brendan just showed me this movie!

I loved it! Scary stuff indeed! I never clicked on this link because the name never interested me, but now I'm going to spread the word so others can learn about this.

I'm really into this kind of thing.

Watch out, it's going to be a pretty crazy future ahead of us!!!

I think more people need to see this kind of stuff. I think it goes along with veganism too (with the idea that we blindly follow things, people, news, etc., assuming it is true without freely thinking for ourselves).

I hope more people watch this just to have another perspective of things. I'm not assuming this video is truth, but that is the cool part. You get exposed to certain things, see things a different way, and decide what makes sense to you as an individual.

I really believe this theme has a lot in common with animal rights and human rights.

Watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
I think more people need to see this kind of stuff. I think it goes along with veganism too (with the idea that we blindly follow things, people, news, etc., assuming it is true without freely thinking for ourselves).

I hope more people watch this just to have another perspective of things. I'm not assuming this video is truth, but that is the cool part. You get exposed to certain things, see things a different way, and decide what makes sense to you as an individual.

I really believe this theme has a lot in common with animal rights and human rights.

Watch it.

Wether people beleive this happened or didn't, I agree with you. When it hit me that being Vegan was the way to be, I thought about EVERYTHING that is handed to us through the media and people just blindly follow along.

There are a couple of websites I could recomend:

www.prisonplanet.com

www.infowars.com

I can't say that I beleive all of this (since I work for the government and am on a government computer now ) but I can say that it does open your mind to the possibility that all is not as it seems.

I saw a youtube trailer recently for "Zeitgeist The Movie".

I don't know how a feel about the conspiracy theory and I don't think it matters as the bits of reality as reported in mainstream media that are part of overall conspiracy theory are worth fighting on their own merits.

( North American Union, RFID chips, national identity cards ).

North American Union, RFID chips, national identity cards I think those are all good things to fight. They all kind of go hand in hand. I am reading a book about RFID chips though and it sounds more like what AM radio would bill as liberal hysteria. The forward even compared the book to silent spring. It's got some good points, but I think it's way overblown. I worry more about the size of those things and them getting into the body and leading to cancer or something.

North American union is a strange thing. I think it would ruin canada's economy so I'm not sure why they'd sign onto it.

National ID's are just another way to give the feds more control over people and expand powers. Anything the ACLU and fundamentalist christians are against should be looked into.