New member from the UK!

seitan_man

Hi everyone,

I'm a guy in my late 20s and have been vegan for about 4 years now. I am interested in packing on muscle, but I am very much a beginner in terms of training. I really would like some advice with nutrition. I don't like gyms so would be mainly using bodyweight exercises. I would love to build a reasonable chest and arms and get a six pack.

I have been told by some people that it is 'nearly impossible' to build muscle on a vegan diet, but Robert Cheeke etc. obviously prove it can be done.

Look forward to chatting to you all!

seitan_man

Welcome!

Thanks for joining our group. There are a bunch of us who have gained as a vegan. I've added 70 pounds as a vegan, I think Jonathan has added 100 pounds, xveganjoshx has added about 50 pounds, etc.

We have quite a few people on here who do bodyweight or alternative exercises away from the gym as well.

Enjoy your time here on the forum!

Welcome!

Thanks for joining our group. There are a bunch of us who have gained as a vegan. I've added 70 pounds as a vegan, I think Jonathan has added 100 pounds, xveganjoshx has added about 50 pounds, etc.

We have quite a few people on here who do bodyweight or alternative exercises away from the gym as well.

Enjoy your time here on the forum!

Thanks, it's good to be here. I've been reading some of the threads and have found some really good info already.

Welcome seitan_man I think you'll find fairly quickly that those people are crazy. You'll definitely be able to gain muscle on a vegan diet...it'll be a bit slower with body weight work but it'll still happen.

• 5 weeks later...