Other Raw Protein Sources & Other Raw Questions

Hello,

I do alot of Manitoba Harvest Raw Protein shakes.

I am interested to know if there are OTHER raw protein sources besides other brands of Hemp and besides Raw Power. Raw Power is too low in protein for my needs.

Manitoba Harvest is 50% protein and has 15 grams per 2 Tbsp. The rest I've seen don't have enough protein to meet my needs. I'd have to use too much and it would get too expensive. So if anyone knows of any higher protein raw powders I'd really appreciate it.

I also want to know if they make any Raw "milk" type products that are similar to soymilk. I know you can make your own raw almond milk and stuff, but what about premade. Do any exist?

Edited by veggieprincess

Hello,

I do alot of Manitoba Harvest Raw Protein shakes.

I am interested to know if there are OTHER raw protein sources besides Hemp and besides Raw Power. Both of these are too low in protein for my needs.

Manitoba Harvest is 50% protein and has 15 grams per 2 Tbsp. The rest I've seen don't have enough protein to meet my needs. I'd have to use too much and it would get too expensive. So if anyone knows of any higher protein raw powders I'd really appreciate it.

I also want to know if they make any Raw "milk" type products that are similar to soymilk. I know you can make your own raw almond milk and stuff, but what about premade. Do any exist?

For a raw protein. Manitoba Haverst is a good quality. So is Vega infusion. But tectonically it isn't considered raw. It's been process and manipulated by being in a package. So it now has a shelf life.

A good recipe for almond (cream) milk

1.5 oz raw (almonds, cashews, macadamia or pine) nuts

soak nuts and cover over night

Add nuts gradually and blend with water until creamy

Reason I'm asking is I'm getting more interested in Raw Foods since I see how quickly my body is digesting the Manitoba Hemp. Its a strange feeling.... Like I didn't eat anything at all. And I've been accidentally eating more raw foods and my thinking just feels clearer. So even though I'll never go 100% Raw, I think there is definitely something behind it, and I'm going to try to shoot for 50% for now.

I don't know about that. The stuff we get from Canada is no cheaper in Canada and I think people here would take advantage of that. Just look at Soy Milk. You'd think the demand and all the new companies would make prices go down but no...they've all gone up.

• 3 months later...

what is wrong with non gmo golden yellow pea protein powder.

with a bulk price of around 2.50-3.00 per pound you can't go wrong. I have had much success in the past with it and will use it now that i'm back in bulk.

et van horn <-- west coast supplier (reliable but wont ship to the east)

freeman industries <-- east coast supplier (isn't always available though )

okay, whatever, it is starchy and can clog you up on the inside but it is way cleaner than processed soy and other stuff and IMO a good complement to the green algaes, seaweeds and grasses.

downside, it is not too palatable plain, chalky tasting and unusual flavor. I wouldn't recommend during a cleansing period also. I have had several fellow raw foodies say it is too starchy and such but i like it to bulk up, personally (other opinions?) It is non-gmo but not found in organic form.

Pea protein is hydrolyzed. That is usually done by enzymes, acids, or cooking. This denatures the protein (which is actually beneficial for digestion, imo- the stomach will do it anyways, so it just makes things easier as far as i'm concerned.) I'm not sure which way pea protein is processed, but I think it's safe to say it's not "raw" like hemp or something is.

You can get Nutiva hemp protein for a good deal on amazon. If you sign up for their recurring subscription program to get it on a periodic basis, you get an additional 15% off. So about $16 for a 2 lb supply, free shipping.