Proper squat form

Squating/olympic lifting shoes really help with keeping weight on the heels. They lift your heel higher of the ground which makes the angle seem more natural when the weight tips you forward a bit but it allows you to actually put more weight on the heels. I never had a pair but I used someone elses a few times to try them out and it made a significant difference in terms of feeling stable.

Adidas does have a synthetic model or two, and I've heard the name of another company that makes synthetic weightlifting shoes, but unfortunately I can't remember the name.

I think that it is the Adidas Ironwork II which is the vegan one. Expect to pay something like $120 for a pair, though, but I'd expect you'll only need one pair of squatting shoes to last you a good decade

For squatting I use a pair of Reeboks that are all black and vegan. I don't think reebok made them exclusively for squatting but they might as well have because they are perfect. I have no idea what the model is, they just say Reebok classic and they are "high tops". They are synthetic but they are made in Indonesia for the loss.

I think that it is the Adidas Ironwork II which is the vegan one. Expect to pay something like $120 for a pair, though, but I'd expect you'll only need one pair of squatting shoes to last you a good decade

Yeah, that's the ones. I have a pair and they are nice .

Thanks guys!

This is one of my favs. Especially after I went up to the rack in the gym and the guy ahead of me who was finished. Said "here I'll help you get these plates off" (like I was some helpless female) and the I informed him "that's OK, that's my starting weight to warm up"..... the look on his face was priceless!

Then someone posted this on another board and I just can't resist reposting.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/squat.jpg

Ouch. Ok these will have to wait until after I buy climbing shoes.

Did anyone mention Chuck's? Good ol Converse All-Star Chuck Taylors work well for me. Can anyone imagine the ankle strength of basketball players back in the day wearing these day in and day out on the hardwood? I played a game out of curiosity one day and I felt like i was running around barefoot and didn't dare try cutting too quick...

Thanks guys!

This is one of my favs. Especially after I went up to the rack in the gym and the guy ahead of me who was finished. Said "here I'll help you get these plates off" (like I was some helpless female) and the I informed him "that's OK, that's my starting weight to warm up"..... the look on his face was priceless!

Those quads are sexy. That pic is kinda amazing.

Thanks guys!

Those quads are sexy. That pic is kinda amazing.

what he said.